Monday, July 30, 2007

Thinking about next weekend

Had an open house yesterday, the first with the new listing. Nobody came. The real estate agent is puzzled at that but I'm not. His company doesn't advertise well enough. Only people driving by would even know about the open house. The next open house isn't for another two weeks and he's planning something different for it. He'll try to get together with several agents having open houses in the same area and do some sort of joint advertising. Well, some advertising is better than almost none, I guess!

Oh, I wish I could keep this house. It's just so perfect for me except for being more costly than I can afford! Do you think I should look for a second job? After two years of working two full time jobs, I swore I would never do that again. But it's a thought now. Well, if I could FIND another job. I've gone from getting every job for which I've interviewed to getting an interview--but not the job. I interview even better than before, with experience and practice. But I truly do think age and appearance are counting against me now, for the past few years.

I received a notice from the hospital that my colonoscopy is set for next Monday. I naively thought I'd be able to sort of pick an appointment time, but no, they are assigned. Actually, now that I know the icky details, early Monday morning is a GREAT time to have it! I didn't realize there was some nasty prep work before having this test done. Yesterday I went to the drug store to get their special deal, a 99 cent Sunday newspaper and also picked up the laxatives to take the day before. I've been lucky and never had to take any thing like that--and am not looking forward to this at all.

Then, I had to find a friend to drop me off and come and get me when the test is done. They won't just let you take a bus or a cab to and from the hospital, but require that an adult come to pick you up. Normally, I would have enlisted my son to do that. I guess I took his ready services for airport pickup, lawn duty, grocery carrying in---very much for granted! But I asked SLA when she called me last night, so now I have someone to do this favor for me.

The strange thing is that son and his girlfriend probably will be staying at the house that (next) weekend! There's a big music event going on up here all weekend and her family buys a bunch of tickets for it. She had offered me one but now with the impending test and preparation, I'd probably better not go to the music event. At least not on Sunday! But since I haven't heard from son since I left his place early, maybe they have changed their minds? But I doubt it since they already had the tickets for it. I think I'll be seeing them next weekend and that will be good!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

I haven't had one of them but I have had a scope from the other end and they both require the same prep...I feel sorry for you. It will be a very unpleasant night. The good news is the prep is the worst of it. They will give you some good drugs (Versed) and you won't remember a thing after that.

7:24 AM  
Blogger deni said...

I haven't had to experience one of those tests, thankfully. Hope it goes well for you.

I really wish you didn't have to sell your house, I know what it's like to struggle to make the payments though. Have you thought about refinancing for a lower payment? Or is it too soon? I don't know that much about those things, but I was wondering.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

How strange: two b logs in one day.

shrunklink.com/zpn

12:40 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

I have had to take my mother for that proceedure a couple of times and I have been told I shuld get ready for one also because of my family history.
Iguess its wortyh it in the long run.

I have lost jobs because I am either to old or over qualified, a stupid reason I think.

Maybe to just get rid of the house and have one job would be the best, leaving you with somewhat of a social life

1:31 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

If you're not used to the lax situation and have to use them Sunday for Monday...don't go out! The house will come through for you. Don't take another job it will wreck your health.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I used to work in a Gastroscopy/Colonoscopy centre and it's true, you will definitely need someone to pick you up. Good luck, the prep is not pleasant but the peace of mind afterwards when you either get the all clear or a treatment to help, will be well worth it!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy done on the same day once. My husband very wittily said he hoped they didn't get the cameras mixed up....Ewwww.

The procedure is nothing...you won't remember a thing but the prep is quite unpleasant and Sumo is right...do not leave the house. The toilet will become your best friend. Good luck. I hope you get a good result.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home