Sunday, July 22, 2007

Glad to be home

I'm better today, this morning, even though I woke up to another bout of sciatica. I'm looking forward to attending both of my regular churches today (would have missed them if I had stayed as long as planned). I looked it up and it was June 22 when I last went to visit son and girlfriend which is what, four weeks ago? Son thought it was only three weeks, so that should have told me something! Although it had sounded like he and Girlfriend were looking forward to my visit. But there were just so many little things piled on top of each other besides the ones I already mentioned in my lament from last night:

Son is thinking of breaking up with Girlfriend, and I thought they were a happy couple. This was the biggest and most major bummer.

Girlfriend hates the microwave I brought them last time. It was the one son had used when he moved out previously. It's old but large and powerful and works well.

While son and I were moving around furniture in the living room, I kept moving the cords and other things in the way (as I backed up) but one time forgot to look and backed into the very tall torchiere lamp I had brought them last time. I loved that lamp in my own living room, it made the vaulted ceiling sparkle (there are sparkles in the paint!). The lamp fell over and got broken. I had carried it downstairs, out the door, in the jeep, driven miles with it, then up the stairs to their apartment all without mishap--then weeks later, knock it down while moving furniture around.

Well, there are lots more little things, it just wasn't a good visit, period. So I'll leave it there. I still have half of the weekend left. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

It sounds as though you didn't feel welcome there, PB. I think perhaps there was a lot of negative energy around your son and his girlfriend, and their impending break-up. Maybe the discomfort you experienced was as much theirs as yours.

8:50 AM  
Blogger PBS said...

You have uncovered something there, Dale. I think you are right about that!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PBS: You reminded me of a painful but funny sciatica story. I once owned a Red 300ZX with those deep bucket seats. A girl I was dating and I were climbing in and I was having back spasms. She drew in her breath and said "Is it your Skyatica?" I was in so much pain but had to laugh that I was slumped at the wheel with her saying "What? WHAT?!" I know this is not a funny occasion. But I was hoping that sharing this true moment might help!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Hope your sunday went well!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like it was a bit jinxed...but lucky u got outta there when you could. have a good rest of ur weekend though.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home