Friday, July 20, 2007

Cold shower

The last time I was mowing the lawn, I was trying to knock down the tall grass on the strips around the driveway. The lawnmower kept stalling and I kept making it continue until--surprise--it started smoking and died! Guess I pushed it too far. Hope I didn't break it as I certainly don't want to have to buy a new one when I'm trying to sell the house and move to an apartment!

So the next morning (Thursday, yesterday) I was taking my shower and I noticed that the water was getting cooler and cooler despite my turning down the cold tap. After I had dressed and started to do the dishes, even the hot water was cold! But I was running late (well, not really late, but later than usual) so I had to hurry out the door, worried about why the hot water heater wasn't working. I was turning the key in the back door when I saw my lawnmowing attempts and made the connection!

My lawnmower is electric. I've never used a regular, gas-powered one. For years we used a manual push mower, even for our huge yard in the country. Until my son complained and I finally bought this electric mower. We got rid of the push mower when we sold that house, too bad, for if the electric mower is broken, I could have used the push mower. Anyway, the electric lawnmower stalling and dying flipped the electrical circuit off. It's on the same circuit as the hot water heater (a bad choice) so the heater went off, too. So I had to reset the Ground Fault whatever and then go back upstairs to the electrical box to flip the switch. By the time I came home last night I had hot water again, so no cold shower again today!

This morning I need to go out to the storage shed and load the washer and dryer into the jeep. If I can't do it by myself, a co-worker has volunteered to come home with me to help this afternoon. But I want to try it myself first. I'm really looking forward to seeing my son and his girlfriend again! Hope you have a good day and a great weekend!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

wow moving again...you never keep still, glad you got your water sorted, i hate it when our boiler goes out...

i've posted some piccies on my blog to let everyone know i didn'nt fall off the face of the earth completely...and i'm now on facebook.com

sorry its been so long, i've missed reading your blog

*hugs*

11:06 AM  
Blogger deni said...

LOL, that sounds like something I would do.

Now I am trying to picture you fitting a washer and dryer into your Jeep. :)

6:41 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Don't mothers lead interesting lives?

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go! and hot water has returned! ha! good luck with moving!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

I have been working on the wiring in my house and am putting each room on their own breakers to avoid just that.

What do you mean load the washer and dryer by yourself.
Get some help they are heavy and not worth the pain in the back.

Have a nice weekend

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home