Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back to Work Eve

Yes, I'm posting again, already. It seems that when I most should NOT post--is exactly when I want to do it! Same with going to church. First, I was looking forward to it, but as the time drew closer this morning, I started to dread going. For one thing, the songs we sing in the first church (traditional church) sometimes make me cry if I'm at all in a sad mood. So I knew for a fact that at least one of the songs was going to make me cry, so I didn't really want to go. It's embarrassing.

The lesson was on forgiveness. The christian station I listened to in the car was also about forgiveness. I liked that both took a more reasonable approach to it, though. Romans 12:17-19 about just trying to live in peace and not try to take revenge. The radio lesson gave an example of two warring churchgoers who agreed to disagree. They didn't hang out together any more, nor go to the same activities, but didn't speak badly of each other or plot revenge. Much more realistic, and a good thing for me to remember for tomorrow when BZ returns from vacation!

After attending the first church I made a quick stop to buy a Sunday newspaper and went over the bridge to the second church. It was pouring rain, which was bad for the vacationers and tourists but wonderful for the poor, dried out lawns and gardens! They are having family-style services for the summer, so it was much shorter than their normal service. Many people were missing, gone for a visit or on vacation.

Since it wasn't too late (normally I'm done with church well after 1:00) after church I stopped at my Mom's apartment and we went out for lunch. She was not expecting me, thinking I was gone for the weekend. I explained why I had come back so early without getting into the being really depressed part of it. I loaned her the brand new Harry Potter book that the kids had gotten for me. Mom is a fast reader, she'll have it done by tomorrow, if she hasn't finished it already, and it's a thick book. I haven't even opened it yet but will read it when she's done.

Do you have the newest HP book yet? Do you like the series? Hope your weekend ended up very nicely!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i got the new HP but didn't find much time to read it over the weekend, although its started off great...

we watched DVD's and ate cake...

*hugs*

3:37 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

So sorry you have to face BZilla tomorrow! Be sure to have a good lunch for fortification. I love the Potter series. I haven't had to buy any of them because my father reads them...so I just wait to get his copies. Pretty convenient...except I have to wait a while...but I don't mind.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh I love Harry Potter! But I don't have the book yet...I'll wait till the mania is over!

Nice of you to take your mom out to lunch...especially when she wasn't expecting it! :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I love 'Arry! I finished the new book yesterday. It does not disappoint!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Grrrr I got robbed for a comment.

It's to back you had to come home early anbd your visit wasn;t as enjoyable as you would have wished it was.

I haven't read any of the HP books but I do intent to when theyt are all down and available. I am like your mother I could probably read one in 2-3 days.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I havenever read 1 harry potter book..So yesterday they were selling them in a grocery store. I flipped to the last pages and read it..lol

5:12 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

No and no. I read the first four books -- I think. I really liked the first few but tired badly after that.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry im a dud...not into the HP series unfortunately...gosh im so out of it.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home