Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Doctor day

Today I won't be at work much, ha ha. First I have an appointment at the clinic lab to get blood drawn and tested for this and that. It's a fasting draw, so no coffee until it's over. When I called to make the appointment I tried to get in as early as possible.

The medical assistant told me, "There are no early appointments available until next week."

After a brief thought, I asked "And what would be available this week?" because I wanted to get the whole thing over and done. I was a bit miffed that they hadn't done it at my regular appointment but had required another, different appointment for the lab work.

"8:20 AM would be available, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday." she said. So I choose the open Wednesday, which is now today.

Out of curiousity I asked her, "How early are the early appointments next week?"

And she told me, "8:00 AM, we open at 7:30 and 8:00 is the earliest we can book an appointment." So it was a difference of 20 minutes, big whoop. I can go without coffee for an extra 20 minutes, not a huge hardship to just get this over.

Then it will be back to work but not for long. At 11:00 I have an appointment to re-list my house. It's with the same real estate agent. Remind me to tell you about how all of THAT went to lead up to this appointment! I should post bits and pieces of my emails to him, because they're funny--in hindsight. I didn't take a lunch on Monday or Tuesday (I usually don't but this time I am counting it) just in case the appointment runs over a half hour.

Then at 1:00 I have a mammography appointment, and then back to work. Sounds like an exciting, fun-filled day, no? How does your impending day look so far?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

8:20 isn't bad at all! I've waited (with NO coffee) for HOURS to get blood drawn!

And good for you getting a mammogram! There are SO many women who neglect themselves and don't get one when they SO need one every year!! It's never fun getting the "girls" smushed but it's worth it!

My day? Work, work, work. But at least I found my book from yesterday so I can read over my lunch hour! ;)

7:24 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Just work, work, work here too. I made my appointment for my smashogram next month. I HATE them but I would hate losing the girls even more so they are a necessary evil. Good for you for getting all your stuff done in one day.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I must have my 2 cupsof java. Asfor blood draws, lol! I have a nurse who is so good at it, you literally don't realize it until it is over!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

8:20 I'm still tucked into my bed LOL
20 minutes, big deal.

Most of my day is spent trying to get my parent' place finished. which usually requires 2 hours of pre arguing before the actual arguing occurs and then they just like the work the way I do it.

7:30 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Mammo...ugh!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home