Wednesday, September 27, 2006

When will the new become old?

Yawn, another day. I dreamt that Dougie was dying but suddenly he developed super-ferret strength and leaped two buildings. He also turned a different color right before he leaped.

Yesterday the big-wig meeting went well but it was quite the commotion getting it all together. The coffee shop, which didn't take pre-orders took a half hour to get the three boxes of rolls and goodies together. They gave me a large carton of cream for coffee and a heavy little bag of butter, cream cheese, jelly and peanut butter. All of this I had to carry out of the mini-mall and up the hill to our office.

The three boxes and the bag weren't so heavy at first but by the time I reached the office I was a sweaty mess. Then we (temp had arrived by that time, I'd asked her to come early) went into high gear getting the cart ready and dragging all the stuff upstairs. The meeting room was only open to us for a certain period of time, so we couldn't do that in advance either.

While I was putting the coffee on the cart, with only ten minutes left to go, the women who took my office came up to me with one of her dumb questions. Now it's true that anyone new becomes rather of a pest to me because I'm the one they come to with all of their questions. But usually the questions taper off after a while and the new person becomes a regular person and doesn't need to ask about stuff all of the time.

This woman started on July 26 and was asking me where a particular office supply was, one she had asked about before and should have long knew where and how to find. I (still sweating, hadn't combed hair yet so it looked a fright) told her exactly where the thing was located and then she said, "Can you show me?"

I swear if we hadn't needed the coffee so badly I might have thrown it at her! But I replied with clenched teeth, while still frantically getting the cart ready, "The meeting is in ten minutes. I have to finish this cart and get it up there BEFORE then! Maybe later."

She walked away, and for the rest of the day would not say anything to me but just gave me this sad look every time she walked by my desk. Does she expect ME to apologize? I don't think so! And I've tried to like her and internally counteract the bad feeling I have about her having my old office, but I just can't. She's such an insensitive dork. Yesterday is not the first time that she's come up to me with some stupid question while I was very, and obviously, busy. This was the most dramatic though and the only time I didn't cater to her, like usual. Poor thing.

The rest of the day continued on, frantically busy. At least the new dork, ND did not come and bother me with any more questions!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Oh boy, i hear you on this one. I have the same problem with a particular woman i work with except shes been with the firm a year and is still doing and asking stupid things....urrgh!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Still with those wild dreams, huh? Wow...I never dream that much!

And that chick you're working with would've gotten the ol' evil eye from me! How frustrated you must be!!!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

insensitive dork (!!) I love that you said that.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

if people keep giving in and showing her then she will never become independant. You did the correct thing.

uoilwkpb what is all that about?

12:37 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

You'd think she'd learn by now.

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home