Monday, September 25, 2006

Yeah, it's Monday

Happy Birthday to Fizzy!

Also, happy birthday to my younger brother. Hope he the birthday card I finally found for him arrives on time today...it's a milestone birthday for him.

Well, not much good to say this morning as it's Monday and I'm looking at a really busy week. I have to do a mini-presentation at work at the 9:00 meeting. I had no time to prepare for it on Friday with the stuff that BZ was throwing at me. I have a project of hers to finish up early today, too. At least it's very interesting stuff to work on! So it could be worse.

I have hair dye in my hair as I type this. I'm doing a quick touch up this morning before my shower and before work. Sure hope it turns out ok and doesn't turn some funny color or all fall out or something! Doing my own hair can be stressful but looking in the mirror and seeing what the salon did to it is far worse! The horrible side bangs they cut into it last time drive me crazy as no amount of gel or hairspray will keep them out of my eyes. I can't wait until they grow out again to a manageable length--and the rest of my poor, butchered hair too. I paid good money--and it looks awful.

I kind of like to do my own hair, because I have better (but not total!) control of the outcome. My son has cut his own hair since he was 14 years old. I always warn him not to tell people that, though. It's really weird but other people will rave about my hair until I tell them that I did it myself. Then they seem to feel obliged to mention their own salon and stylist, or how there is (suddenly) some small flaw in how I cut or colored it! Some people can be so annoying!

Here's a cute doggy photo I got through an E-mail. No, it's not my dog:

5 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

You poor women! I've rarely met a women who was satisfied with her hair cut. My sisters used to come home from the hairdresser's and cry for an hour. I haven't much hair at all anymore. And sometimes, that can be a blessing! LOL!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

I think they have to nitpick like that because they are just jealous that they have to spend a hundred bucks to look like you.
Happy birthday to your brother!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I wish i could do my own hair, i am envious of you :o)

12:32 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

You're lucky to be able to deal with your own hair. That's why I have long hair and just keep the end of it at my butt blunt cut. Sometimes I braid it or wear it in a big-ass-bun. I don't let salon people touch me...because I have a sensitive head...so long hair works for me. I love the dog...wish I had one. I really enjoy pics of your babies.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I cut my own hair too! But mine is so curly, no one can ever tell when I've done it!

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home