Friday, September 22, 2006

Dreaming

I had four dreams that I remember from last night:

The first was about three moose in the backyard, trapping us in our house, which was a little cabin-like structure like my old country house. We did manage to get away just as the largest one put its head right through the window and started eating food off the table! I looked up the dream meanings of moose and wasn't totally satisfied, none of the meanings seemed to fit.

The second longest, and most interesting dream was of joining a club where the members stayed up all night doing things. There were several different groups of the club. They all still went to work in the morning and for the entire day, but spent the night hiking, singing, talking, etc. They had certain routine activities that I was trying to learn, like when they would get up from their chairs or who would go first. A lot of the dream was meeting the other members and talking with them.

The third was more vague than the others. I was meeting with friends and discussing a Japanese tea ceremony. In real life one of my co-workers, the ex-big boss is going to Japan again in December. He's been there two or three times before. In the dream two friends and I were sitting in a booth talking about guys in suits and how the most senior person would perform the tea service for the others. And the last dream, right before I woke up was very vague and had to do with a misunderstanding with another friend.

We had frost warnings for Wednesday night so I dug up and potted my three herb plants. Had trouble finding pots large enough for them! It took me until August to get the garden ready so they hadn't been out there that long but had grown large. Herbs grow like the weeds they are when the conditions are right. I also dug up the two pepper plants, one is hanging with long, thin (hot) peppers in the bay window downstairs. The other is just a baby I got from the ex-big boss for taking care of his plants when he travels.

I had given away my (probably) hundreds of various sized plant pots when moving from the country to the apartment because there was no room. Now I don't have enough pots and wish I had some of my old ones back! Especially those very large, expensive ones that I had collected over many years. Oh well, my plants are safe for the winter and today is Friday. Have a good one!

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Frost warnings??? Good grief...here it's still hot enough to where I cannot sit outside in the sun during my lunch hour without MELTING!

Send a little cold our way, would you?

And four dreams in a night? Wow...isn't that a lot?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I occasionally, very occasionally, remember fragments of one dream, and that's abou it.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I'm so not ready to move my herbs inside, man I hope we don't have to worry about a frost warning for awhile yet.

I can't believe you remember 4 dreams, I'm lucky to remember a fragment of one like anvilcloud said.

9:55 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Prehaps it isn't the moose, but the number? Just something to consider.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I've been having the same experience with things I was sure I could do without, gave away and now need. I like to think of it as my contribution to a healthy commercial climate.

6:01 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

We still in all likelihood have some very warm days still to come. October can be a very warm month here. But after that we get fairly cold...but not like you...no snow.

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4 dreams in one night! Wow. Have a good weekend!

4:21 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

You dream in bunches I am lucky to have one let alone remember it/
Mind you maybe its a good thing iI dont remember mine lol

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home