Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Not really moving

Last night I had a dream that I was moving. Again. That would be the sixth time this year! Let's recap:

1. Sold house and moved to an apartment in Feb
2. Mom sold her house and moved to the apartment two weeks later
3. Mom moved to another apt the beginning of May
4. Bought a house and moved there the beginning of June-- oops, July 5th
5. Moving from my office to the reception desk in front, at work

Lest you think I'm cheating by counting my Mom's two moves, I did everything from finding the apartment, renting the moving van, packing, and the heavy lifting. And I had to take vacation days off from work--so they count as moves for me! And moving all my files and stuff from my old office all by myself was not fun either.

The dream was that I had moved (or was trying to) to a different city. I was going on interviews and filling out utility paperwork for electrical, etc. service. The apartment I rented had stairs that went up to an office right through the middle of the apartment! It was weird. But then I woke up and realized that I didn't have to rent the moving truck, pack and lug stuff again, whew!

I had a check in with the temp at work like my boss does for me. It seems to have helped things, at least so far. I didn't have to go ballistic yesterday anyway, so that is good. Have a great day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

its good that you managed to lay some new ground rules, its not nice for people to go behind your back to get their jobs done...

and i pray that you don't move again...lol for your sanity mainly...

:0)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

Oh, PBS! You really must grow roots and stay where you are. Forever, now. LOL! No more scary dreams!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reckon you've moved too much - your dreams are telling you to relax!!! Well maybe they are you never know!!! The relief when you woke up must have been great!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

good job on the work situation; bad job on the dream choice

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home