Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hot and Cold



A photo of Dougie and Nebby that I've posted before. Right now they are anxiously awaiting their daily shower and (destructive) romp in the bathroom. I've been awake for a couple of hours. Woke up sneezing and felt very hot, so much so that I thought my son had really cranked up the heat. He hadn't. The thermostat is still set below 60F (but that's not the actual temp in here, it's more like 62). I lay awake trying to remember two dreams, one about overeating and the other about being 20 years old and being a new receptionist! I felt too ill to pursue thinking about the (not so interesting) dreams and instead worried about all the projects at work enough so I couldn't get back to sleep.

The sore throat has gone away but in its place is a headache, stuffed up nose and general not-feeling-so-well. Nevertheless, if this was a work day, I'd be getting ready for work. I've only stayed home sick a handful of days in my entire (long!) working career. Now I'm suddenly feeling too cold and will need to put on a sweater or robe and make some coffee. Mint tea will help later, but first the coffee!

I worked late last night and after that was looking for a birthday card for my younger brother. He has a milestone birthday on Monday and I haven't been able to find a decent card for him. I was hungry and crabby by the time I finally got home last home. Good thing there was still some leftovers so I didn't have to start cooking, too! What made me extra crabby was that my brother hadn't sent me a birthday card this year, nor come to see my new house. I'm trying to take the nobler road by sending him a card, but will still gripe (just to you) about it! Well, have a great weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

What a pair we are. Just got back from the docs and it is a chest infection and I have strong antibiotics to take.
I am the same as you about siblings. My sister never remembers my son's birhtday but usually remembers my daughters! I too take the nobler road and always send her a card and a presant at her birthday.
Look after yourself - have a rest. Dougie and Nebby look a handful.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Its that time of year when the weather is changing and we get sick.
Take care of yourself and I hope you get better soone.
Sory to hear your brother hasn't been by yet but I'm sure he will :)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Send him an e-card---then you won't have to take your sick self outdoors, unless you want to. I haven't bought a birthday card in such a long time---if I'm going to see the person, no card; if I'm writing I buy something pretty but blank and write my own note---either appropriate or not. I've seldom found a greeting card that said what i really wanted to say. but maybe that says more aobut me than about greeting cards.

6:37 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

So sorry for you feeling so badly. I bet it's rough feeling like that and still having to bathe the critters in their excited state. Cuties.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Good for you PBS on being the "nobler" one! Hopefully it may make him feel like a real sap LOL!!

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home