Friday, September 29, 2006

Enough of this week

Glad it's Friday! I've had about enough of this week.

In reply to (some of) the questions and comments:

Lisa: Normally a temp would be doing the reception work. This one is grouchy and not really a people-person. Maybe I should ignore people too or stare at them unsmilingly? No, I couldn't do that.

HB2: Yes, the IT guy DOES run the show for the move and new office space. BZ has let him have free rein. When I told him I was going to take it up with her, he just looked at me knowingly with a slight smile, "I'll talk to her too, on Monday." That doesn't bode well as he's her little pet.

Monkey: I'm not lucky to have an office space!!! I sit on a pedestal out in the lobby of the office, no room for all my files, no privacy. It's the temp who's getting the office space. And the rest of my co-workers. Everyone but me, in other words. Yeah, see, you got me frothing at the mouth again!

Lorna: Ha ha I'm a lot nearer your age than you think! I'm also old enough to be most of my co-workers' mother, as they are in their twenties, not much older than my son. Well, a couple are in their 30's, but I'm certainly the "old one" at the office. The biggest one too, as the other woman are all 5'1" to 5'3" at the tallest and weigh 100 pounds. I'm just the perfect choice to be on display in the front of the office!

Katie: The temp was supposed to be there only until December, but it looks like she may be there longer than me (I hope...where's that good-paying other job).

Everyone above and those who commented who aren't mentioned--thanks for your support! It seems unreal that this stuff can happen. It seems like there ought to be a way to fix it. I thought that about the original losing-my-office situation too, and was wrong. So, I guess we will see what happens.

I have piles and piles of work to do but I didn't stay late to work on it last night, like I usually do; left the office at the time I'm supposed to, went grocery shopping and went home. Have a great weekend!

11 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

I just read your previous post, woe that sucks big time.

I hope that a new, better job is just around the corner for you. I know how frustrating job hunting can be.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

Right on! It doesn't seem fair, but I can't imagine a nicer person to greet visitors from a desk in the lobby! I wish you peace this weekend.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You certainly have more than your share of grief in that place. Maybe there is a little ageism going on? Maybe it's a card you can play to your advantage at some point?

4:49 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I just got caught up after being gone for the last couple of days. I can't believe how unfair this is. Have you at least talked to BZ and asked if you could have the office and let the temp sit outside in the open? You could tell them that you will move back once the temp leaves...just to put them on the spot and make them play their cards. You deserve to be treated with respect and honesty, everyone does!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I'm sorry your going through this...Sending you positive thoughts that good things will happen soon.

Have a great weekend~

6:27 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Try to have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. Do something special you enjoy :o) and stay away from those that may get you down.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks PBS for stopping by with your hugs and nice comments, as usual. Forgive my tardiness as I'm on a bit of hiatus. I trust you understand. (((HUGS)))!

9:54 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

They are retards there. I find that there is ALWAYS someone who is treated unfairly at the job...and it's always the NICER people. What a country eh?

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh PBS, I just read your previous post. How terrible. I hope you can put this behind you & have a great weekend. I hope things turn around for you. - I also agree with what Dale wrote. I bet you're great at greeting people.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for the answers. I can't remember how long this temp has been with you, but I think it's been a few weeks at least? (sorry, really can't remember, and too tired to scroll to find out lol)

I've hired plenty of temps over the years to take up the slack at work during the busiest of times. This was back when I was office manager of an interior reburishment company. Temps are not cheap and if I felt she/he wasn't doing what I needed (giving plenty of time to learn the ropes) or their attitude sucked, I'd ring the agency and turf out one to get another. Sounds harsh but money and time are expensive and if I've got to the point of calling in extra help, I expect them to send me someone who's capable. The cost reflects that.

Being on reception, you're the face of the company, first point of contact etc (I know you know this lol)...what I'm trying to say, is that maybe the company you work for feel you're the best person to keep there because you do the job so very well. (Although they shouldn't have said you'd get your own office, that sucked, bad management.)

As you can tell, I'm feeling very opinionated this morning...I would've sent that crabby cow on her way long ago lol

3:04 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

oh PBS this is all wrong. Do you belong to union? We have them here and would not allow your situation to happen, or would help sort it out.
It is wrong very wrong and I hope that you can find a new job with a lot less pressure.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home