Monday, December 12, 2005

Open heart

Today was a rather good day, actually. Despite it being a Monday, and despite being a work day. Very strange, I know! I spent some time this weekend searching and applying for jobs online (instead of blogging, sorry) and now, since I'm taking action, I feel much better.

Of course the position change hasn't been announced yet. That's tomorrow. So we'll see if I still feel pretty good after all of that. It's on the agenda almost first thing, so the impact will happen quickly, which is good. Favorite co-worker guessed part of what's going to happen to her. I confirmed it but didn't actually TELL her. Can I get in trouble for that?

I tried to keep my heart open, like we did while meditating in the yoga class. It worked! I actually laughed with Bosszila twice today over the antics of a client. The big boss was back from an awesome business trip with wonderful stories to tell. It was a very good day. Who would have guessed? Hope you all had a great day, too. Thanks for all of the support. That has made me feel much better about everything. It's going to be all right.

I'm also starting a new exercise routine besides the yoga. Daily, I'm going to:

01) Beat around the bush

02) Jump to conclusions

03) Climb the walls

04) Swallow my pride

05) Pass the buck

06) Throw my weight around

07) Drag my heels

08) Push my luck

09) Make mountains out of molehills

10) Hit the nail on the head

11) Wade through paperwork

12) Bend over backwards

13) Jump on the bandwagon

14) Balance the books

15) Run around in circles

16) Eat crow

17) Toot my own horn

18) Climb the ladder of success

19) Pull out all the stops

20) Add fuel to the fire

21) Open a can of worms

22) Put my foot in my mouth

23) Start the ball rolling

24) Go over the edge

25) Pick up the pieces

Whew! That's a workout! After all of that, I'll sit down and

26) Exercise caution.

Yes, it's from my E-mail, of course. Then maybe I'll go and help Vegetable Man with his non-smoking program! :)

14 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...remember when something like this happens, it's not really about you (as strange as that sounds, given that you're being shafted) but only about the person who instigated it---their smallness and short-sightedness, their ability to take the sleazy way out, not your performance.

7:08 PM  
Blogger angela marie said...

I totally understand. I am in the process of losing my job right now too and trying to remember that it isn't ALL that I am. :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

A job is just a job. It's good that you are taking a mature position in your life.
You rock..

8:54 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I will be thinking about you today. It is a horrid situation for you to be in. Look after yourself.

this stop-smoking campaign of VM's sounds like a pretty good workout;)

12:33 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Remember to keep laughing with her... it will throw her off...she might even be human to you.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Sexy Mama..

eating crow and opening a can of worm do not go hand in hand... YUCKS.

nevertheless, you can present THAT 'exotic' food to your superior ;P

Oh i am So mean.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I hope that it all goes as well as it can. The job search too.

7:55 AM  
Blogger dan said...

baing unemployed really does suck

9:45 AM  
Blogger dan said...

being unemployed sucks.

9:46 AM  
Blogger katie said...

If pushing your luck is good excercise, I should be in great shape!
I'll be sending you "get a great new job" vibes, so be on the look out!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

I hope you are able to find a job that you will be appriciated at :)

4:43 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Ya know putting your foot in your mouth really does burn a lot of calories, I know I do it all the time. :)

I hope you find a fantastic job!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i will be thinking about you today, i hope you find a fantastic job so you can tell bosszilla to stick it where the sun don't shine...

*hugs*

and a million guys are now taking up smoking with a new quitting program in mind...lol

:0)

5:44 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

The only way I'd be laughing with that boss lady would be while thinking about pushing her down a flight of stairs. Maybe yoga would do me well.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home