Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Compatible

Hey, nice to be back! And this time I hope to be more regular about it. I've missed reading blogs and the rhythm of writing my thoughts down every day.

Yesterday I received a beautiful calendar from Fizzy! and I realized that I hadn't sent out Christmas boxes to the two bloggers with whom I've exchanged addresses. So sent those out today, after work. It made me wish that I'd exchanged more addresses for Christmas though. But it's a bit late.

Although my life isn't going particularly well right now, the meditation (and following yoga practice) has really helped me cope with things. I only sit 20-minutes in the morning before work and 20-minutes in the evening when coming home. And sometimes another 20-minutes right before going to bed, but it's calming, not only at the time, but later when upsets hit.

When I was being yelled at and falsely accused at work, I managed to take deep breaths and stop my mind from racing. When I started to think bitter thoughts about being backstabbed by an outside contractor, I mentally said, "stop thinking!" and recovered, somewhat, to go on working the rest of the day. When both friends and Vegetable Man disappointed me, I somehow managed not to dwell on it. I highly recommend meditation even for when your life is going great, but especially when it isn't!

Stacy, The Peanut Queen had a fun astrological compatibility link. So I tried it for the Vegetable Man and me:

It was not a match made in heaven.
V-man gives PBS the impression of living a wonderfully exciting life and this could be the initial attraction for PBS. (it was) The independence and self reliance of PBS gives V-man the impression of strength and a sense of relief in finding someone who will not lean too heavily on him, thus making the attraction between them strong enough to start a relationship on first impressions alone. Not a good way to start out together in life!

Both of these signs get their motivations from mental stimulations (we both dearly love ideas and concepts--and discussing them thoroughly) and PBS fully expects to get her encouragement from within the relationship while V-Man looks to outside influences to supply his. (Yep, that's always been the major thing that bugs me about our relationship.) V-Man's preoccupation with other peoples problems are not apt to leave a lot of time for sharing of the quiet life that PBS enjoys and it would not be long before V-Man will be feeling the effects of the sharp tongue that PBS is so generously endowed with. (Hmmm, I don't think this is true, but maybe...)

V-Man's outside influences could be the cause of disaster in their sexual relations. Since their appetites are about equal this should be a good match sexually, but PBS may not be able to get V-Man's mind off other peoples problems and back in the bedroom for very long at a time. This relationship will have a hard time just making it to a short affair status. (well, it was a six-year affair, but rather rocky at times for just the reasons stated!) Not a match made in Heaven.

BUSINESS PARTNERSHIPS

V-Man and PBS have so many different and conflicting facets to their personalities that they will have a hard time just making friends with one another let alone forming a business partnership. (we were good and instant friends, for other reasons than sun signs)

So the astrological compatibility was QUITE accurate! It just didn't take into account the other connections in our charts like a venus/uranus conjunct ascendant/jupiter and north node conjunct sun, which provided an instant friendship. Our charts are flip-flopped, his ascendant is in my partner's house and vice-versa, so while our sun signs aren't really that compatible, there's still quite an attraction.

This is really a fun link to try out. I compared sun signs for my ex's too, which also came out pretty accurate. Have you tried it?

10 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's so great that you have found a way to ride through and rise above your tribulations. Way to go!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Great to see you back! Sorry things are a bit crappy for you right now, hopefully they'll perk up soon!

:-)

1:06 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Oh I am so glad that you are back. I am really sorry that things have been so crappy for you, butyou seemed to have found a way to cope with at least some of it. Look after yourself and I miss your daily blogs. I am glad you got your pressie. Tohught you might like it :)
Look after yourself

5:28 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I love reading that kind of stuff!

And I'm glad your meditation is working....maybe it's something I need to try. My doctor has now put me on what he calls "anti-anxiety" medication. And I HATE taking medications of any kind if I can help it.

Maybe some medititation is just what I need, huh?

7:26 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Glad you are back. Miss you.
Hope things improve for you soon. As in immediately..

8:02 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I don't know the Ninja Bunny Dentist's astrological sign, and maybe it's best I don't know. If the stars say we're not compatible, then they've got to go.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

yay you posted, its great to see you back, but sad to hear that things are not good, i'm sure everything will work out...

I posted your xmas box today, i sent you an email to let you know to look out for it...hope it arrives in time for xmas, i've sent out quite a few but i'm well within the last posting dates...your card is sellotaped to the back as I forgot to put it under the wrapping...lol

:0)

8:55 AM  
Blogger katie said...

I'm so glad you are back! Isn't it amazing how much you can control when you focus on your reaction to it? It really makes life a bit easier.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

I will try that when I can find someone that I want to be compatible with!


Have a good weekend!

4:55 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Yay, your're back!!! Missed you. :)

I don't think any men and woman are 100% completely compatable, but it's what you make of it.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home