Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tidying up

Just a quick post. I've been spending a lot of introspective time but also a lot of time clearing and cleaning the house. It's amazing how much paper a little house can store! For the past two weeks I've had heaps of recycling and a bunch of things in back of the jeep to drop off at the thrift store.

Oh, that reminds me of something that happened on the way home from work on Wednesday. I've been having problems with opening the doors of the jeep. One night the passenger side won't open, the next night it's the driver's door. At least I've been lucky (so far) that BOTH doors haven't been stuck at the same time! The jeep is parked in a rather scary downtown neighborhood and it's dark when I walk up the hill from work. Whether or not one of the doors will open has been a daily little adventure in controlling my nerves!

Anyway, the rear hatch door has not opened for a week. In fact the last time I bought groceries I had to put them all in the back seat instead. Well, wouldn't you know that I was going up a steeeep hill on the way home and the hatch suddenly opened? This was after my trying to open it for days. It would have been far more hilarious had not a co-worker with a shiny new vehicle been in the lane right alongside of me! The thrift store bags in the back nearly fell out before I could safely pull over and shut the hatch. I was feeling like a total grub with a salt-encrusted, beater vehicle (sorry, Jeepers) that was spewing junk on the highway. It wasn't a great way to end the day but did induce me to wait in line a very long time last night to run the jeep through an automatic car wash!

Another discovery: the windows don't seal tightly on the driver's side of the jeep! I had never taken it through an automatic carwash before, instead I always washed it by hand in one of those little stalls. Anyway, now the left arm of my winter jacket is properly washed and waxed!

Ever had something like that (car doors, hatch opening, car wash) happen to you?

from my E-mail
New Breeds of Dogs
The following breeds are now recognized by the AKC:

Collie + Lhasa Apso
Collapso, a dog that folds up for easy transport

Spitz + Chow Chow
Spitz-Chow, a dog that throws up a lot

Pointer + Setter
Poinsetter, a traditional Christmas pet

Great Pyrenees + Dachshund
Pyradachs, a puzzling breed

Pekingnese + Lhasa Apso
Peekasso, an abstract dog

Irish Water Spaniel + English Springer Spaniel
Irish Springer, a dog fresh and clean as a whistle

Labrador Retriever + Curly Coated Retriever
Lab Coat Retriever, the choice of research scientists

Newfoundland + Basset Hound
Newfound Asset Hound, a dog for financial advisors

Terrier + Bulldog
Terribull, a dog that makes awful mistakes

Bloodhound + Labrador
Blabador, a dog that barks incessantly

Malamute + Pointer
Moot Point, owned by....oh, well, it doesn't matter anyway

Collie + Malamute
Commute, a dog that travels to work

Deerhound + Terrier
Derriere, a dog that's true to the end

Bull Terrier + Shitzu
Oh, never mind....

11 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Maybe your doors need a little grease.
I remember my Grand Prix had problems with the passenger side and one winter going around the corner the door opened and my mother almost flew out the door. I managed to grab her arm. She had a bad habit of forgeting to put on her seat belt. That was 15 years ago and she hasn't forgotten to put it on since :)

10:01 PM

11:02 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

What a drag about your car doing that to you. If it is any consolation...I took the astrology test you recommended from Stacy PQ, and mine was also not made in heaven. Really...whose is? Glad your back.

11:49 PM  
Blogger dan said...

i used to have a car where the driver's side window would fall down at the most inappropriate times.

2:53 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

My first car was a little Ford Mustang with T-tops and every time it rained, I'd have to actually place buckets in the back seat because the T-tops leaked so bad!!!

*sigh* I sure did love that little car! :)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

I think I got ripped off!! I bought a lab all those years ago and it won't shut up. Obviously I was sold a Blabrador! Pure bred my eye!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Funny dog combinations,ha,ha..
I've had two vehicles that windows actually fell out of when driving..

10:42 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

My old Jeep, the roof never would seal right, and the locks got messed up, so sometimes the doors would unlock and other times not.

That may be the problem.

Oh, and my old Jeep and the new one, sometimes the key won't turn in the ignition. A new vehicle with quirks.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i've had a car window slightly ajar going thru a car wash, i've never moved so fast to get the window up...lol

:0)

5:04 AM  
Blogger dot said...

It was good to hear from you! Sounds like you've had a productive week.

My husband is yelling at me to get off the computer, so I can't finish my comment.

Funny email!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I don't own a car, I wish I did. However, I once rented a van to move some furniture. I asked about the policy on the petrol. Whether I had to leave a full tank or an empty tank of petrol. I said the word petrol a few times. Anyway when out that eveing I went to the petrol station to fill up. It was about the time that all stations started to sell unleaded fuel and petrol. Well we couldn;t decided whehter it took unleaded or petrol so after recalling my conversations in the office we put petrol in. We paid , set off and two mins down the road. pfut pfut and dead. Yep it was an unleaded model. Luckily the company too repsonsibility for the mess and came out and swapped vehicles for me free of charge.

I hope you get your jeep problems sorted soon

Look after yourself.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home