Thursday, November 17, 2005

Tomorrow is going to be a super day!

Tomorrow is going to be a super day! And not just because it’s a Friday, although that certainly helps. I’m going to a yoga retreat starting Friday night until late Saturday afternoon. Yes, that means a sleepover at the retreat center, too. It’s a silent retreat, which is going to be difficult for me. Being around other people and not talking is kind of weird. I sometimes even talk to myself (or the animals, of course) when I’m all alone. We are doing some chanting along with the yoga, so it’s not going to be totally silent. I think the sleeping rooms are two and three people each, so I’ll have some roommates for the night, too. That will be strange, especially if we can’t talk to each other. Does snoring or talking in your sleep count? I don’t know if I’ll be able to chant in my sleep!

Anyway, I’m very excited even though I’m certainly no yoga expert and can’t twist myself into a pretzel. I’m supposed to bring a prayer shawl or a blanket. My Mom just gave me a fuzzy green one with a panda on it. I think I’ll bring that. She was quite interested in the retreat but glad to know that I’ll be still able to come and visit her on Sunday. My brother is coming up to hunt deer on Friday. He’ll probably bring some of his buddies and they’ll stay until they each get a deer or get tired of hunting.

It snowed most of the day yesterday. The trees are glowing white and beautiful this morning, I wish I had a picture of it! The moon is full and shining on the birch trees. We haven’t even seen the moon for awhile because it had been snowing the past few days. Yesterday the driving wasn’t so good. The broken rear wiper is still so annoying. I hate not being able to see well, especially when it’s slippery besides. The house was so cold that I went to bed early last night, simply to get warm. I was even thinking of dragging in the kerosene heater for a warmth boost—but I really hate the smell of kerosene, it gets into the carpet, walls, clothes, everything. And I don’t think it’s that healthy to breathe the unventilated fumes either. I had bought the heater just for power outage emergencies, not for regular day-to-day use. But I was just so chilled, hands, feet, neck, arms, and layers of clothing weren’t working. Guess I’m still biologically in the summertime. This morning the house is warmer, despite the fact the temperature is still 2 degrees F.

I’ve been trying to spend more time outside walking to acclimate myself to the change of seasons. Normally it works quite well. But for some reason I’m still cold and uncomfortable when back inside. Maybe I should just stay outside walking! I’m comfortable enough out there, at least while moving. I dug out our hats and mittens and washed them last weekend. Last night I found our wool socks and they might help. It’s in the winter when I think longingly of my nice warm cozy (former) apartment in town! And long, hot showers, too. I hope the retreat center is toasty, but it may not be. Warm thoughts to you on a Thursday!

A 19-year old virgin, you live in the Castle Anthrax. You use your wiles to lure in strangers...tie them to big soft beds and....
A 19-year old virgin, you live in the Castle
Anthrax. You use your wiles to lure in
strangers...tie them to big soft beds and....


Which Monty Python & the Holy Grail Character are you REALLY?
brought to you by Quizilla

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

AHHHHH! 2 Degrees??? I'd be a popcicle!!! ;) The PK says I'm cold-blooded ('cause I'm ALWAYS cold) so 2 degrees would surely kill me! ;)

And that yoga retreat sounds awesome...I'd love to do something like that. You'll have to let us know how it goes! :)

Now I'm off to take the Monty Python quiz thingie...:)

6:19 AM  
Blogger George Breed said...

I lived in South Dakota 15 years. The house can be like a box of ice, while outdoors (especially with the moving around) can be much warmer.

We had an outhouse and during the winter that was always quite a journey.

Hope your silent retreat goes well. Your panda prayer shawl will give you warm protection.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds great, I have always wanted to go on a retreat. The ones my friends go to, you don't talk at all. Remember....OHMMMMMM...

7:20 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

The temp finally dropped here to the 30's, it will get colder yet, and then snow. Our winter is coming late this year, and already I can't get warm.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I used to go to silent retreats wehen I was in high school; I taught my friends American Sign Language spelling so we could exchange the all-important thoughts teenage girls have on weekends.

8:36 AM  
Blogger katie said...

A yoga retreat? That sounds like fun. So just how silent will this be? Those are the types of situations where I find myself with a bad case of the giggles.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Silence and yoga? What a brilliant weekend!

I must admit I am slightly jealous. Have a wonderful and relaxed time!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Oh the snow can be so pretty but only when you are inside looking out sitting by a fire that is how I like my snow. Have a great time this weekend.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OMG 2 F unbelieveable! Yoga retreat sounds brilliant and very theraputic. I hope they don't feed you grass and cardboard LOL

11:48 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

You can be the virgin to my King Arthur...kinky eh? I'm Arthur's feminine side I guess. Have lots of fun at the retreat...I sure could use a visit.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

and i thought it was getting cold here *shiver* at least you'll be able to forget about it all at your yoga retreat, i'm not sure I would have the patience of the self control for that, and especially the not talking bit...hope you have a great time

:0)

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home