Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Day Two

Well, I survived the announcement yesterday. The sad and ironic thing is that none of my co-workers seemed to think it was that much of a change! It certainly was to me, my position and status have been drastically altered. Bosszila didn't announce favorite co-worker's change. So did BZ decide not to go for it and change her job? Was it a test to see if I'd tell her? My head hurts from thinking about it, so I just won't dwell on it.

I purposefully sat next to Bosszila at lunch and talked to her about her kids. Least-favorite co-worker was on the other side of me and we laughed and had a good time. I was happy and cheery all day long. Maybe that's why my co-workers didn't realize that I had been QUITE demoted. And BZ was puzzled too, ha ha!

I was going to ask the former Big Boss if I could use him as a recommendation (he'd be a great one!) but even he was less than sympathetic on our elevator ride down alone. So I didn't. Am applying for a job today in which it would have really helped too.

As an added slap in the face, they are hiring someone else to do the fun bits of my job that they took away from me! Well, it's great motivation in looking for something else, for sure! DL of "Time to Tell" was right-on in that Bosszila is just trying to get rid of me without having to pay unemployment.

Well, today is Day Two of the staff meetings. I can survive another day of it. Have a Happy Hump Day!

From my E-mail
These have been around awhile. I might try some of them at work :)
Ways to Keep Your Sanity
At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.

Put your garbage can on your desk and label it "in."

Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.

Finish all your sentences with "in accordance with the prophecy."

Don't use any punctuation marks.

Specify that your drive-through order is "to go."

Sing along at the opera.

Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.

Put mosquito netting around your work area. Play a tape of jungle sounds all day.

Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.

Have your coworkers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Hard Kim.

When the money comes out the ATM, scream "I won!", "I won!", "Third time this week!"

When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling "run for your lives, they're loose!!"

Tell your children over dinner. "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."

And then the theme of “slow” came to my mind, because the time spent sitting at the meetings goes sooooo slooowly:
Slow on the Job
A young man was a slow worker and found it difficult to hold down a job. After a visit to the employment office, he was offered work at the local zoo. When he arrived for his first day, the keeper, aware of his reputation, told him to take care of the tortoise section.

Later, the keeper dropped by to see how the young man was doing and found him standing by an empty enclosure with the gate open.

"Where are the tortoises?" he asked.

"I can't believe it," said the new employee, "I just opened the door and whooooosh, they were gone!"

Defining Characteristics...of Slow People

1. Slow people always walk side by side, even if they don't know each other.

2. They drive side by side, too. If they can't find another slow driver to pair up with, they drive in the fast lane.

3. Slow walkers never look back. When they drive, they never look in their rear view mirrors, either.

4. Slow people drift sideways so they'll block the path of anyone trying to pass them. If two people or vehicles are trying to get around them at the same time, they drift into the path of the one that is moving at the highest speed.

5. Follow behind a slow person in the grocery store and you'll wind up with soggy ice cream every time.

13 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I wish you lots of luck on the job search....I think you're going to find something great...:) I just have that feeling! :)

(And those jokes about slow people were so RIGHT ON!!!) ;)

7:12 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Time to start having fun in the workplace at their expense: come in late, leave early, play loud, Satanic music at your desk, bring smelly foods for lunch, frequently set things on fire, walk off with little objects, etc.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Good luck on the job search. Sorry your current job is so sucky..

9:34 AM  
Blogger angela marie said...

I'm with ya! I even downloaded the 'how to apply for unemployment' crap from my state's website.

Good luck looking...something better is sure to turn up!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Good luck with the meetings!

11:31 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

That is why I am glad I held on as long as I did with my former job. They are the ones that made me do that to people so they couldn't collect, even telling me to cut hours on people they wanted out of there. So when it came to my time, I hung in there. Apparently they wanted to get rid of me bad enough and fired me. And yes, as you know, I was able to collect.

Sometimes, you can turn their own nasty tricks on them. :)

I think it's funny how nice you are being to Bossilla, her head is probably spinning trying to figure you out. ROTF.

Oh, yeah, I saw my old boss the other day. He tried to ignore me, I got right in his face, smiled and asked him oh so sweetly how he was doing.

*smirk*

5:13 PM  
Blogger Restless Angel said...

Very funny list....

I hope you find a kick-ass job, and a boss that is much, much better than this one seems to be (I went back over a couple of posts, trying to catch up with everyone slooowwwwllllyyyyy)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

It's HARD to have a job that you don't like. The econonmy is so bad that it sure isn't easy to find another one. Ugh.

Hang in there! You'll find something that was meant just for you!!!!!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Lots of luck on job hunting, not a good thing you want to be doing at this time of year. Look after yourself.

1:33 AM  
Blogger George Breed said...

You are so fun, in accordance with the prophecy. I greatly appreciate your spirit, also in accordance with the prophecy.

A very healing and fun thing to do, pbs, in those long boring meetings, is to continuously breathe in lovingkindness to your heart, then breathe it out to all the room. Folk will wonder why you look so happy. It also changes you physiologically --your heart and brain rhythms begin to synchronize and your immune system becomes more powerful.

Love to you, Good Sister.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

chin up! i hope you do one of those crazy stuff to your boss lol

9:21 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i also wish you tons of luck with finding another job soon, can you apply for the position that they demoted you from...that would be hilarious...i would love to see bosszillas face...

:0)

10:30 AM  
Blogger dan said...

"Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso. "

ooo...that is wicked!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home