Sunday, December 18, 2005

Coming Closer

Christmas is nearing. I got the last of my Christmas cards in the mail yesterday, pretty late, I know. Sure hope they'll arrive before the holiday! Also I received a box from the Royal Mail! Magpie from Magpie's Den has sent me the most wonderful gifts, beautifully wrapped. The first is a Boyds Bear! It is the most adorable fuzzy little creature, holding on to a star. This is such an appropriate gift in so many ways, its name is "P.B. Starcatcher" which would be cool enough just in itself, but my childhood nickname and the one my family still all use is "Twink" or Twinkle" as in -stars! Stars have always been my thing. What a fantastic gift from somebody who has never even actually seen or met me! Also she sent a box of candles and incense in a great scent "Woodland Walk". I often use either a candle or incense while sitting meditation. So thank you thank you to Magpie for the great, perceptive gifts! Some people are just so good at that. But it's a rare talent.

Today I go out to see my Mom. Soon, probably this spring, the weekly drive may no longer be necessary. Last week my Mom consented to sell her house and land and move into town. She lives on a dead-end road with no nearby neighbors and we (her children) have worried about her health and safety for the past several years. She had an interesting idea--that we all live together! My son and his Grandma get along really well, he and I do too. My Mom and I could, with some modification, get along too. We both are pretty strong willed and want things OUR way at home, but there would need to be compromise, like for any roommates or sharing of space. Since there will be three of us, we will pool our resources to get a larger place so each of us will have a large, private bedroom for individual space. I've lived in the living room/dining room/kitchen for the past few years with little actual privacy, so the bedroom with a door sounds pretty good to me!

It's quite ironic that my private office with a door at work is turning into a public, no privacy at all space while my home situation is turning into its opposite! But I'm working on the job thing, have a couple of bites. This is a tough time of the year, plus there just aren't many decent jobs any time of the year in this location. Something will come up. And of course, once I have a cheaper place to live, I won't need to be paid the (quite substantial for this area) salary that I'm now receiving.

My little house will go on the market next week. The real estate guy said that it's in a prime location and the land and placement alone are worth something even if the house isn't worth much. I'm hoping to get enough extra from the sale to pay off my jeep loan and the credit card bill that I ran up to nearly $1,000--I've never had one that high before, for the jeep repairs and Christmas gifts. Of course, like job hunting, now isn't a great time for home selling. We are thinking that it may be June by the time this all comes together, hopefully not too much later than that. Monday night after work the real estate guy is coming over and I will sign the papers so he can start the marketing and selling process. Today I'll talk to my Mom about when she wants to have the real estate people come and look at her house. Big exciting things are on the way for us! We'll just have to be patient.

Have a super Sunday!

16 Comments:

Blogger Mr G said...

All come to those who wait... Good luck!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long time no read... Haven't stopped by in awhile. Best of luck on the house and the job hunt.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Life is full of twists and turns, and some of them are good.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

All sounds like a new start for a new year. I am glad that things are looking up for you. I hope all turns out well.

6:51 PM  
Blogger dot said...

Yay! I'm glad your housing sitituation is on the upswing.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

My goodness you have a busy time ahead. Change can be fun, sounds as though you will have the best of both worlds.
Trust me $1,000 credit card bill is nothing!

5:23 AM  
Blogger dan said...

speaking as an ex-employee of royal mail, i'm surprised you got your parcel before christmas and that it wasn't damaged.

have a good day.

7:05 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Wow! Sounds like you will have quite a bit going on the next couple of months!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Sounds exciting. Change can be good..

2:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool read, as always. I enjoy your site!! Ditto waht Fizzy said!!!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

You really do sound different post-retreat. Much more upbeat. Wish you the best for the new year; it certainly sounds exciting.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i'm so glad you liked them and the bear had PBS as its initials so I knew who would love it...

i'm so glad it got there in time...and undamaged, as Dan says they aren't the best people in the world to rely on...lol

your proposed house move sounds like a good idea, i would love to be around my family more...

*hugs*

2:40 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Alot happening. It sounds like a good idea for all of you living together.
I am sure you could all work it out and be better for it

3:32 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Good luck to you and your family.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Could you BE any busier??? Sheesh! :)

Good luck with the sale on the house and with finding a new job!

Keep us posted! :)

6:30 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Well, that's good news, I hope your house sells quick and you can settled soon. I am still keeping my fingers crossed on the job front for you.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home