Sunday, October 23, 2005

Back to my normal life

I had a very fine Saturday, a day of just doing things I wanted to do! Listened to Evanescence’s “Fallen” CD most of the day. Love that music, it may be my new favorite CD. I can still hear it in my head!

Met with HIR (Home Improvement Rural) at the Red Mug. She is having Bosszila problems and was very stressed out from a bad yearly review. Well, it wasn’t all bad but detriorated into a confrontation. She was still feeling sick about it and debating whether or not she needed to go and apologize to her superviser. She had been working such long hours (and me, too) that we haven’t been able to get together for weeks. She’s a curator and they just opened a new exhibit. I’d kind of like to go and see it but will wait for things to cool down a little first.

Her Bosszila had interviewed my mother for a history tape and HIR gave it to me yesterday. I know my mother is self-conscious about stuff like that and probably would not want me to listen to the tape before giving it to her. So I was thinking, what if I had the tape copied (so I have it), give the original to my Mom, and keep the copy without listening to it? Does that sound ethical to you? I really want a copy of the interview and wish my Dad had been interviewed about his childhood and wartime experiences, too.

While I was out of town my older brother had his birthday and Amanda and Anton (the married friends) their anniversary. Time goes by so slowly and so strangely that I barely knew what day of the week or what date it was while I was gone. And even when I did know, the significance of the day/date wasn’t there for me.

Also hung out with my son a bit yesterday and watched “Fight Club”. I had not seen that movie before and it was a mind-twister, not at all the way I thought it was going to be. I had thought it was all about fighting and kind of a guy’s movie. Instead it was sort of artsy and rather like an independent film. Have you seen that movie, and what did you think of it?

Vegetable Man called while we were watching the movie and I didn't pick up the phone nor call him back. I didn't want to get into a long conversation while watching "Fight Club" and didn't want to be coaxed to drive out to the farm, either, I've traveled enough lately and just want to enjoy being home! Also, I haven't seen him for over two weeks and sad to say, my heart grows FAINTER, not fonder with absence! I've tried to distance myself a little from that situation, as he does not feel the same about me as I do about him. Self protection, I guess.

From my E-mail, for Sunday:
Church Bulletin Bloopers
A worm welcome to all who have come today.

Don't miss this Saturday's exhibit by Christian Martian Arts.

Next Friday we will be serving hot gods for lunch.

If you would like to make a donation, fill out a form, enclose a check, and drip in the collection basket.

Applications are now being accepted for 2 year-old nursery workers.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget all His benefits

Well, today is the day I go to see my Mom, missed seeing her last week but sent her a postcard, of course. Have a super Sunday!

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Not seen Fight Club but shall keep it in mind.
Smart lady re veggie man, no point setting yourself up for a fall. One thing about aging we can pick the signs!
Have a super Sunday with your mum :)

5:30 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I havn't seen the fight club either.But, I did think that it was all to do with fighting I will have to look out for it now.

Michelle is right about the Veggie Man. I am sorry this has happened to you though.

Have a good time with your Mum

5:56 AM  
Blogger dan said...

watching films should never be disturbed

11:02 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I think you should make several copies of the tape and leave them all over the place. Or not.
Make sure to get lots of rest. You still sound tired..

12:47 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I know how you feel, I just want to be lazy today. It didn't help that I had to work last night and didn't get done till 2 am.

*yawn*

Have a good day and get some rest.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Never seen Fight Club, gotta admit it doesn't sound like the kind of movie I'm taken with, but from what you've said, it wasn't what you expected so could be the same for me.

Maybe you distancing yourself from Veggie man could make him sit up and take notice. Dunno. Michelle could be quite right about the 'no point in setting yourself up for a fall'...could be like flogging a dead horse. Hope it works out the way you want it to.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

go with what works for you is what I say. Just got caught up with your posts and it seems that even when you're slacking, you're working ...or maybe it's just my guilt at not being a wage-earner that makes it seem like you're having a hectic time.

4:38 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I've seen it...and while I liked it...it also disturbed. The author is one of my son's favorites. I say make Veggie man dance to your tune.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Yes, making a tape is a good idea, and I have seen Fight Club, I like it a lot. It took a lot of pusing for me to watch it as I really don;t like boxing and that's what I thought it was about. But once I watched it I saw it was about something completely different.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I liked Fight Club. I usually enjoy movies with a real good twist.
As to the tape. I would have definitely made a copy of it. I'm not even so sure it's unethical. I mean, she's your mother. You kind of have a right to know everything you possibly can about her and her life ... yes?

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home