Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Work work work

All I talk about is work. And how being gone for a week is going to put a hole in my life. Well it will, work does that. Don’t you wish you didn’t have to work sometimes? Think of all the great things you could do instead. Except we’d be very poor and it's hard to do much of anything without any money!

I had to wait and wait for computer use this morning. My time is already limited but my son had come home from work late and was still on the computer in the morning when I got up. That happens every once in awhile but the rule is that he must get off and let me have my paltrey little time before work. I like to post, then go take my shower, come back and read as many blogs as I can (usually not very many) and then finish getting ready and leave for work. But today he had to finish up something so I showered first, and have to quickly write something and maybe have time to read a couple of blogs. And you wonder why I’m not very creative—at least that’s my excuse!

Monday was a busy day, we shipped out over 50 Fed Ex boxes. It took the poor Fed Ex guy an hour to check them all in with his little clicker machine and then cart them down to the street. But I didn’t have to pack them all myself, for the first time in years we hired a temp to come and help. She’s coming back today to help us too. I worked eleven hours with no break or lunch and was pretty tired when I got home. Still haven’t packed or done a couple of things I need to do before I leave for an entire week. Vegetable Man wanted me to come out to the farm one of the evenings before leaving, too. I have only three evenings left!

I was going to do my bills last night but spent most of yesterday figuring reimbursements and the presenter’s checks. So by the time I got home, all I wanted to do was read blogs! I scrambled some eggs with onions, garlic and cheese and that was dinner.

We got paid and I received a windfall on my paycheck, got a bunch of overtime. I need to trim down the amount I owe for this computer. I’m glad I bought it but it was a big expediture. Also need to get my vehicle fixed. In only a couple of days there has been three things wrong with it, two new ones since the driver’s door won’t open. I did stop at a repair place on the way home from my Mom’s on Sunday but they were almost closing and couldn’t take in any more vehicles. And yesterday I called the repair place that’s only a couple of blocks from work. But they are booked up until next week and next week doesn’t work for me as I’ll be out of town. If they have a cancellation in the next couple of days, they will call me. Otherwise I’ll just have to wait until I get back and have it fixed the last week of October.

There’s still so much to get done that I really feel I’m running out of time! Hope you have a super Tuesday

10 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

You're already busy and it sounds like you're just going to get busier!!! (And here I thought I didn't have enough time in MY day!;)

And let me just say, for someone who is pressed for time (especially blog time), you're posts are wonderful! Sometimes I have to think (and create) my post thru-out the day....I don't think I could come up with something to blog about if I were that pressed for time! :)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

There are days when all I seem to do is watch telly and laundry, which is my work!

You have such a busy life, popping off here, there and everywhere!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Oops, bills yeah I was going to do those last night too but decided not too, maybe tonight? Have a great day!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just posted a terrible post & I've not blogged for a week!! Yours are always informative & interesting & fun to read.

You always sound so busy but also happy which is a good. I just get busy & grumpy!!!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

* A Selfesh Fizzy Moment* What is a girl to do both you and DL will be away for the same week!!!

I am really really glad to hear that they hired a temp for you it is about time you got some help. Long may it last.

1:54 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Glad that you got extra $$ on your paycheck. That always comes in handy.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I can't wait till i retire from work! I will never be bored, not a bored bone in me!
Yikes, your time is running out. It's always a pain doing overtime but the reward is in the paycheck...uy something nice for yourself...even if its something small :)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

you always have something positive to say. Thanks for taking the energy to do it, even if it is such a busy time for you. We appreciate it.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

It's dawning here in Barcelona and reading about scrambled eggs with garlic, onion and cheese has opened me an appetite... I think I'll get home to hit the kitchen and surprise my girl with a wonderful breakfast (that's if I succeed in waking her up, of course)... Hope the work load loosens up gradually!
Happy Wednesday!
:)

11:35 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

WoW 11 hours without a lunch. You got to take a break or you'll burn yourself out.
At least they got some help but still.
You got to get the door fixed its not safe. Well the only good thing is you can't get car jacket.
Have a nice day. :D

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home