Monday, October 10, 2005

Countdown to leaving again

Well, I’d better get all of my work done in the next four days because I’m leaving for the convention early on Friday morning. I’m not packed for it yet and still haven’t picked out clothes for that week. I may cheat and just throw a bunch of black stuff in the suitcase to mix and match. It usually works out fine. Black things can go almost anywhere. I do have to remember to remove the blood red nail polish from my fingernails before I go, though! Because I’m not trying to make a statement or anything, just dress appropriately, comfortably and with enough outfit changes. I am bringing my retro paisley dress for the Rock Hall of Fame reception, though.

There is SO much work still to be done! Today will be mostly shipping the 100+ boxes to the hotel.

from my E-mail
Short oneliners
You don't pay taxes; they take taxes.

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

Nothing is ever accomplished by a reasonable man.

When it seems you can't forgive, remember how much YOU have been forgiven.

Centipede: An ant built to government specifications.

"You want us to do WHAT?" -- Ancient Chinese wall engineer.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

The hardest thing to disguise is your feelings when you put a lot of relatives on the bus for home.

What is it about politics that turns otherwise decent folk into egotistical, narrow-minded bullies?

A great actor can bring tears to our eyes. But then, so can an auto mechanic.

A wife lasts only for the length of the marriage, but an ex-wife is there for the rest of your life.

The bad news is; time flies. The good news is; you're the pilot.

Procrastinate Later.

You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once.

Change is good but dollars are better.

A promise is a debt.

He who hesitates is probably right.

Quick Quotes
"It's autumn in New York. You can tell too. Today I saw a sidewalk vendor putting anti-freeze in the hot dog water." --Dave Letterman
---
"Regis Philbin says his upcoming Christmas album will feature a duet with him and Donald Trump. I guess the idea is you play it when you want your relatives to go home." --Jay Leno

A Great Idea!
1. Open a new file in your PC.

2. Name it "HOUSEWORK"

3. Send it to the RECYCLE BIN

4. Empty the RECYCLE BIN

5. Your PC will ask you, "Are you sure you want to delete Housework permanently?"

6. Answer calmly, "Yes," and press the mouse button firmly....

Have a great Monday, or at least the best you can!

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Going again huh? You're on the move A LOT!!! Black is a great color too...I have lots of black outfits!

P.S. Thanks for the quote on the anti-freeze in the hot dog water....if I'm ever in The Big Apple in autumn, I'll have to remember that! ;)

6:34 AM  
Blogger Justine said...

I'm going to do that Housework trick. Gonna finish it once and for all...

7:36 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

You are always going places so busy!! Well I will try to enjoy my Monday.. but it is kind of hard!

I like the housework thing that was cute!

9:11 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Yikes, a duet between Regis and Donald would be a nightmare!
As for packing, It almost seems like you should have a permanently packed bag with as much traveling as you have been doing!

10:19 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Ha. Antifreeze supposedly tastes pretty good right?

1:52 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

My housework has all just gone in the bin yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I hope that you manage to get some time to yourself. Black is brill (she sat here in black blouse and black trousers lol)it cures, covers all evils and is suitable for all occasions what more can a girl ask for

2:30 PM  
Blogger dot said...

ah, great quotes and comments. They all ring true. Have a great trip!

paula

2:36 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I still wanna know about the turtle ice cream!!!
That "H" word should be a 4 letter word LOL!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Black works for me too, I have lots of black stuff (sometimes it's below my eyes depending on how much sleep I've had, and then it becomes the colour of my mood lol).

Hope all goes well while you're away.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Coco Chanel wore lots of black, but she always put something white near her face---probably a priceless lace collar crocheted by Marie Antoinette on her way to the guillotine.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Off travelling again- Quite the jetsetter!

You'll be needing a holiday soon!

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home