Thursday, October 13, 2005

Time goes on

We put a good dent in the work yesterday. I might actually get done with it by the time I have to go on Friday! Tuesday night I watched Boston Legal, one of my very favorite TV shows. James Spader as Alan Shore is my favorite (loved him in that weird movie "Secretary"), but there are many strange characters on the show. I really like the mix of ages and personalities.

We didn’t get the oil changed in the cars last night. I got off from work too late plus I am pooping out, got exhausted and just wanted to go home. There’s a sink full of dishes that I really ought to tackle before going to work. I was so tired that I pulled up to the gas pump, got out of the car and forgot why I was there(momentary, of course).

I picked out my clothes to bring last night. They all are slinky, silky and slippery, no tweedy stuff or sweaters (because of the horrible itchy spots, remember?) Either this morning before I go to work or tonight I'll see how many of them actually fit into my suitcase. That suitcase looks so big until I start putting everything, including shoe changes, into it. Then I need to pick out earrings and jewelry to match the outfits.

A scary thing happened yesterday, but not to me, good goodness. One of my co-workers came rushing into my office crying "Do you have the number for the elevator?" I was in the middle of work, of course, so looked up and kind of went "Huh?" The co-worker was very agitated, "There's someone stuck in the elevator, pounding on the door to get out!" I was very calm, only because I had been dealing with work crisis all day, and the elevator thing wasn't happening to me! So I said, "I don't have a number for the elevator. Elevators have a phone with the number posted INSIDE of them. But I can call the building managers, and they will know." (weird to quote yourself, isn't it!) So I called the building managers and soon the poor distraught man was out of the elevator.

Yikes, I would be petrified to be stuck in an elevator. Until I started working in a office on the 7th floor, I wasn't in the habit of ever taking elevators to go to work. I didn't like riding in them, too close, too crowded, and they used to just make me nervous. Thought I was pretty much over that, but guess not. Just the thought of getting stuck in an elevator gives me the creeps.

Maybe I could dress as an elevator for Halloween, ha ha! What gives YOU the creeps?

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I was in the elevator at work and the power went out...but only for about four minutes (which was PLENTY long enough for me)!!!

Lots of things give me the creeps...cockroaches, maggots...and I think the thing that gives me the creeps the most is walking thru a spider web you can't see. You KNOW it's there because you felt it brush across your face or arm but now you have NO IDEA where the spider that was in it is!!! Brrrrrr......gives me the willies just thinking about it!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Some people say that my elevator doesn't go all of the way to the top.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Giant Atomic Chickens are more frightening than creepy, but would still make a great Halloween costume.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

oooooooh i know... dress up as a real scary ghost AND stay IN the lift!!! Imagine the shock... WOOHOO!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Back in the city I had to take an elevator to the 77th floor every morning. I never gave it a second thought, really, until 9/11.
Now, I guess it would be subways that give me the willies. Any below ground place. Ew. Guess I better not die till I get over that little fear, eh?

Oh, there is ONE exception to this. I'd LOVE to have an underground survival bunker; but that thing would be SO loaded with non-perishables and water, there might not be room for me!

12:00 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Ugg. Opossums give me the creeps, as do small enclosed places (elevators, caves, etc).
Have a really good trip!

3:10 PM  
Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

acyually, elevators. I always feel as if a cable will break and I will crash to the bottom floor . . . and then there was the doctor who was decapitated last year by an elevator . . . for real.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Escalators. During a power failure, I was stuck for over an hour on an escalator. (Kidding.)

I ain't a'scared o' nuthin'. Aggressive women, maybe. And rats. Falling down stairs lately. Heights, a bit.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I take the stairs.

10:53 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

not sure what creeps me out besides mice and bugs with long legs...

my boss got caught in the elevator a few times. we used to laugh and call it karma.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Firstly, let me thank you for saying such wonderful things on my blog :)
OMG....I HATE elevators, i swear i will only take one if i really have to...otherwise its the stairs.
I have a fear of them falling.
I love Boston Legal! I also saw the film The Secretary...it was brilliant, Spader and the girl were just awesome, and what an original storyline!

2:06 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Eh elevators are fine as long as it's not a hot day and you don't have to go to the bathroom.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home