Sunday, October 09, 2005

The things I didn't do on Saturday

Mmmmm tired today, I think Friday night is catching up with me. I didn't nap on Saturday at all and went to bed fairly late. That's the trouble with working longer hours, you just want some life in there somewhere too and what suffers is sleep time. I had wanted to go out to the farm to see Vegetable Man, yesterday was a beautiful autumn day. But he was working.

It was so nice that I even had the ferrets outside a bit in the afternoon. They look like wild ceatures but have thin fur and get cold easily so can't tolerate cold weather well. I had to go and buy some household supplies, cleaned the house a little, went through my piles of junk mail (but I open the good stuff and bills right away). The scone club didn't meet yesterday and it's been weeks. My friend HIR (home improvement, rural) has been working on an exhibit at the museum and can't get away even for a quick lunch. The two married friends and I were going to drive to an apple festival on Saturday, but something came up for them. So I missed all of them. What DID I do all yesterday anyway? I may not have been napping but I must have been sleepwalking!

Today would have been a great day for another meme, but, wait--I have one!

I found this one at Restless Angel’splace a while ago. She had a bunch of cool stuff to do.

10 Favorites
Colors: Blue and green
Food: apples
Band/Singer: my choices change, right now Marilyn Manson and U2 (quite a combo!)
Song: My Sharona, by the Knack
Movie: Napoleon Dynamite, Kill Bills
Sport: Football
Season: Spring/Early fall
Day of the Week: Saturday
Ice Cream Flavor: Turtle
Time of Day: Sunrise, or sunset

9 Currents
Mood: Tired
Taste: That first (and only) morning cup of coffee!
Clothes: a pretty rummage sale blouse with leaves all over it, comfortable jeans
Desktop Picture: Just those clouds.
Toenail color: Dark red, so dark it looks black
Time: 8:42 a.m.
Surroundings: The living/dining/kitchen/bedroom/computer room. It’s an all-in-one.
Annoyance(s): Having to go to work tomorrow
Thought: How can this be October already?

8 Firsts
Best friend: Barb and Jean.
Kiss: Dan
Screen Name: Don’t remember
Pet: Queenie.
Piercing: Did my own ears in the college dorm at 18.
Crush: Allen, in grade school
Music: you remember hearing Oldies that my Mom and Dad listened to on the radio.
Car: Ford Mustang Mach I

7 Lasts
Cigarette: In April
Drink: Water when I first got up, and now some coffee.
Car ride: Coming home from the store
Kiss: last week.
Movie: Watched Shrek, two weeks ago
CD: U2
Pee: When I first got out of bed.

6 Have you Evers
Dated One of Your Best Friends: Yes!
Broken the Law: Yes, if you count speeding
Been Arrested: No
Skinny Dipped: Yes, many times
Been on TV: Yes, a couple of times
Been Drunk: Yes, not that long ago!

5 things
You're Wearing: blue and green blouse, jeans, watch, earrings, bare feet
You Can't Live Without: Friends, family, internet, notebook, books
You Can Hear Right Now: The sound of my keyboard, gurgles from the refrigerator, an airplane overhead, it’s very quiet on a Sunday.
You hate: meanness, cruelty, ice storms, hail, bad drivers

4 Places You've Been
Central America, California, Florida, Colorado, Idaho

3 People You Can Tell Anything To
My three best friends.

2 Choices
Black or White Black
Hot or Cold Hot

1 Thing You Want to Do Before You Die
Learn Spanish

Book Game By Texas Biscuit
The rules:
1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next three sentences (6-8) on your blog with these instructions.
5. Don't you "dare" dig for that cool or intellectual book in your closet!!! I *know* you thought about it!! Just pick up whatever's closest!

“We don’t realize that any deep feeling, pleasurable or painful can be a wave we surf home into ourselves, into love.”
“The Translucent Revolution” by Arjuna Ardagh

from my E-mail
Men and Women
Q: How do you scare a man?
A: Sneak up behind him and start throwing rice.

Q: Men will brag that there are women waiting by the phone at this very moment for their call. Who are these women?
A: Women working at 900 numbers.

Q: What do you do with a man who thinks he's God's gift?
A: Exchange him.

Q: Why is the book "Women Who Love Too Much" a disappointment for many men?
A: No phone numbers.

Q: Why do men like smart women?
A: Opposites attract.

Life changing game
The minister drove into a sand trap. He picked up his golf club, broke it but didn't say a word.

Then he picked up the golf bag and tore it to shreds but didn't say a word.

He then took out all the golf balls and flung them into the woods but did not say one word.

Finally he muttered, "I'm going have to give it up."

"Golf?" asked the caddie.

"No" he replied. "The ministry."

The Lord’s Army

Jack was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands.

The preacher grabbed Jack by the hand and pulled him aside. The pastor said to him, "You need to join the Army of the Lord!" Jack replied, "I'm already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor."

Pastor questioned, "How come I almost never see you except at Christmas and Easter?"

Jack whispered back, "I'm in the secret service."

Yeah, OK, this has gone on long enough. Have a great Sunday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know how you feel being so wound up and not getting much sleep, but yeah, it does catch up on you. I've been tempted but never tried to date women that were best friends because I loved our friendship and was afraid I'd ruin it if something went awry. Glad you quit the cigarettes. Good for you!

10:37 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Good meme. I like your answers.

I dated a man once who I was good friends with, well, we were actually kind of...well, you know.

I talk to him occasionally, and we both act as if we don't have that between us.

That was a long time ago, and it didn't take us long to figure out that we just weren't compatible in that department and it just petered out.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Ok, you HAVE to tell me about the "Turtle" ice cream. It really isn't made from turtles is it? LOL.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

interesting answers---I was going to do t but I'm sitting here in a towel, so it doesn't seem like the right time. I'm so modest.

10:36 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I just finished watching Napoleon Dynamite. I always learn something new about you from the memes...good reading. Try to have a good work week coming up!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I could read your stuff for a long, long time. Right now, I'm SO trying to catch up a little.

My first car was also a Mustang ... and I can't believe your last cigarette was in April! I hadn't realized you ever smoked, then hadn't realized you quit! Good for you. Perhaps one of these days I can get to post about doing the same. Of course, I'll be ready to kill everyone in sight, but who knows?

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home