Friday, October 14, 2005

Back next Friday

After all the promises I’ve been making, today is finally the day that I will be gone, until next Friday.

Yesterday morning I read a stirring essay from Michelle at Justitia about “Belief in the future is perhaps the most important value for a free society.” It’s a thought-provoking piece and I urge you to go and check it out.

Vegetable Man called me at work twice yesterday. But it was too late in the week. I got home at 7:45 p.m. last night, totally and completely exhausted. I didn’t have time to drive to the farm all this week. I’ll miss him, probably even more now, after two nice phone interludes. Thanks a lot Vman! (but no, he doesn’t read or even know about this blog)

He sent me a joke:
Why can’t Buddha vacuum under the couch?
-because he has no attachments.

Cute joke but it just reminds me what a mess my house is in and how I really ought to vacuum before I leave!

Oooh, I found another really scary thing! Putting my hand deep into my mailbox in the pitch black at the end of my driveway is pretty scary. I can just imagine something being in the mailbox, ready to bite my fingers off. I’ve had to do it a few times now, with all this working late.

Bosszilla has been sweet to me all week. I will have to call her Bossilla instead. So now you will be able to tell by the spelling which character is out! Bossilla gave me all kinds of overtime. Yes, I certainly did earn it, but it’s pretty sweet to be able to get it. My paycheck will be nice, nice nice. Almost worth the soul-draining effort.

Well, finally finally I am off. Have a great week, I’ll miss all of you!

22 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

Have a great trip, be safe!! I will thinking of you while I am away on mine.

Why don't you buy one of those little flashlights for on your keychain to look into your mailbox before you reach your hand in there?

6:01 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yes, PBS, have a safe trip!

So Vman called you twice huh? Nice....;)

We'll miss you!

See you when you get back! :)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Have a great week! Cute joke that he sent you. Too fuuny!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Have a great week, PB.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Have a nice journey. Drink lots of booze.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Have a good trip. I hope all goes well. Look after yourself. byeeeeeeeee

12:06 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Two of you away in the same week.... what am I going to do? *sob*

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a great email about dusting & how you waste your whole life cleaning your house "incase anyone comes round" but they never come as they are all out there having a life. So stop dusting/vaccuming & go join them. I think I took it too literally, my house is a pigsty! Have a great & safe trip xx

1:58 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Enjoy your trip if you can---I'm going to root around in your archives to see if I can find out what it is you do that sends you off for a week at a time.

6:58 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Be safe and enjoy!

2:20 AM  
Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip !
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3:07 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

We miss you already!!!
Buy yourself something nice...you earned it! I don't care...she's still BossZilla to me LOL!!!
Soooooooo Vman and the phone ehhh LOL, sounds frustrating as hell to me! Can't wait to hear all the gossip on your return, stay safe :)

6:30 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

We'll miss you, too, PB. Safe journey! Have fun. See you in a week.

(good lord! Look at this word verification!!!!!!! gpgjwqnn. I hope.)

7:58 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Have a great week and try to get in some fun and adventures..

12:13 PM  
Blogger An Epistemology said...

hey I'm going on a (business) trip too! Be safe!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

*sob* *sob*
Both you and Dl away *snif* snif* I will be very lonley in bloggyland this week. *sniff*

1:57 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Hope all is going well

5:31 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Have fun!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Hope you had lots of fun.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

just popping to say" missing you"

1:16 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

I hope your having a great time :D

1:24 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Well, I can't wish you a safe trip because I haven't been here in THAT long a time. Gosh I'm sorry. I really really need a better blog-visit system.

I'm loving the nickname for the boss! Now off to try to catch up with you a little. By the way? I too hate putting my hand into the mailbox in the dark. Sometimes, I really wimp out and wait till daylight.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home