Saturday, October 08, 2005

Party like a rock star

Yawn, it's far later than I normally post and there's a reason. Last night SLA's houseguest had her birthday and wanted to "party like a rock star" so we went to a country bar in a nearby state. It was quite a drive for me, about halfway to my Mom's house. They didn't want to go until 9:00, so even though I worked a 10-hour day, it was nowhere near that time when I got home. Good thing I went home first, though, because although I didn't have time to nap, we were requested to wear all black for her birthday. So I wore a long black skirt, mesh tights, black blouse and jacket. Also painted my nails in the same dark blood-red that I do my toenails, put on lipstick to match and it looked like Halloween had arrived early!

I also needed to have a card and gift for her. I found my Stamping Up stuff, which I had never opened or really looked at yet and made her a card. It had an ink smudge on it, though, and I didn’t have time to make another one. Her gift was a coffee mug from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and a chocolate bar. She loved them both.

Friday night is Karaoke at that bar and SLA and Houseguest love it and apparently go there quite often, as everyone seemed to know them. We ended up with a fun group of eight people or so. We did a lot of dancing both as a large group and as couples. Houseguest also ended up getting quite smashed and had some pretty outrageous dance moves—so we got a lot of cheers every time we went out on to the dance floor as a group.

There was a nice guy who ended up hitting on every single one of us women in the group. Bad move, because SLA and Houseguest’s co-worker were actually quite interested in him, but who wants somebody like that? Actually Houseguest and SLA ended up fighting over him several times, even in the parking lot after the bar had closed and kicked us all out. It wasn’t that Houseguest was interested in him, she was criticizing his dress and SLA was getting mad at her and telling her to shut up. Because they live together, those two are like siblings. He, meanwhile was bouncing back and forth from SLA to Houseguest’s co-worker, and even me, who had not expressed any particular interest in him.

But I had problems of my own at the time. The driver’s door of my vehicle couldn’t open Friday morning when I needed to go to work. It still didn’t open when I got off of work, and, of course it didn’t open in the bar parking lot either. So, once again I had to crawl over from the passenger’s side, ever done that in a Jeep? With a long skirt and heels? My foot hit the flashers and that pretty well stopped the fighting between SLA and Houseguest. Temporarily, anyway.

We were standing in that parking lot, either fighting or trying to decide where to go to eat for at least an hour. It was cold out, too, we had to scrape the ice off our car windows. There were some cars still parked there, even though everyone else had left. So a couple of us wrote messages in the frost in the car windows while the others either fought or tried to decide where to go to eat.

Finally, because I had been up for 24-hours and was getting cold and tired started to drive off, yelling out the window, “See you at Perkin’s!” So the party finally broke up and we all went there, where SLA and Houseguest got into it again. The undecided man had gone home with his brother, which was probably for the best.

When I got home it was 5:00 a.m. I slept pretty good until almost 8:00 and then kept waking up, but I kept trying to sleep until almost 10:00. When I finally got up this morning I wasn’t hung over at all, which was pretty amazing considering the large quantities I’d inbibed. People had kept buying us drinks, guess we were pretty entertaining!

So that was Houseguest’s birthday bash, hope she remembers some of it! Have a great Saturday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

WOW what a time you had. I bet it was good to get out after all the "Stuff" at work though. It is ages (probably years) since I went out and partied like that and I don't think I have ever stayed up 24 hrs.

Have a great weekend

12:53 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Sounds like you had a fun time. I especially liked the scratching messages in the frost on car windows part..

1:07 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

ice on the windows? i hate to think of that weather coming so soon. it's raining like crazy here, wonder if that will bring you snow soon?

sounds like you had a great time! ending with perkins (did you get the granny omelet??) and staying up 'til 5:00 is a sure sign. i miss those days-- reformation is tough when i hear fun stories like these!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I haven't stayed out that late for ages and I have to admit my body doesn't care to either lol I'm like death warmed up the next day and nothing is ever achieved. Bravo to you for posting!

Sounds like you all had a great time and it sounds like that chap was out for whatever he could get and wasn't worth all the arguing the two housemates did over him. Hope they're both talking to each other today lol

2:09 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

I don't think I can party like that anymore. Keep it up as long as you can.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OMG, where do you get that energy?? I don't think i could stay up till 5 am, alcohol puts me to sleep. Sad sack are'nt i LOL

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home