Wednesday, September 26, 2007

No longer organic

Yep, as you might have guessed, SLA gave me the plague. How nice of her to share! Even though we've known each other for nearly 25 years, I may not speak to her again, still deciding about that...

I was supposed to have an Open House this Sunday. Guess not anymore. And I've already spent over $50 of money I don't have buying remedies that haven't worked yet. Ever taken a bath in dog shampoo? Now there is a treat! Or completely stripping and washing everything in hot water, everything I've worn, touched, or slept in (sheets, blankets, comforter) every day goes into the washer. Those are super-mutant bugs! I've never heard of anything like it. Even when I lived in Florida, they were in the carpet and the apartment managers did a monthly bombing, but we never got bites or had them on us. The clinic hasn't ever heard of it either and they still haven't come through with any PEOPLE remedies I could use. They called me back about four times on Monday with additional questions and still no prescription even though I keep telling them that it is urgent.

The saddest part and the part that makes me the angriest is that I don't even take an Excedrin or Aspirin for a headache--I breathe in mint or drink mint tea. I never use cold remedies or any other sort of over-the-counter medication. I don't use any sort of chemicals in the house, yard or garden--and now my house is filled with chemicals. My drawers, shoes, closets, bed everything is full of insecticide. All of my spiders are dead and I'm sure this is not good for my plants or for me. Today I'm getting an exterminator. I hope they take credit cards!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

I'm sorry and believe me those sucker are hard to kill. Definitely fog the house and then in a few days fog it again. That's what works here in Texas where they are very very very bad! The good news is they don't like the cold so pretty soon they will be dying off. Just keep your house really cold and they will die. They need heat.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yuck!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fogging works the best and I think bikercandy is right about fogging and then fogging again.

My parents had a rental house that got infested. We didn't know until the renters moved out and we went over to see how they had left it. I was wearing a skirt and looked down to see little black bugs all over my legs - completely disgusting!

I hosed down in the back yard before we went to get foggers, but I wouldn't go back in.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

That doesn't sound like a good thing (though I'm not entirely sure I know what you're talking about). Is it fleas or something?

In light of my last post, I did have a little snigger at the fact that all your spiders are dead....sorry. Just my warped sense of humour.

Hope you get it sorted out soon so you can go back to being organic :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Holy crap! I've been gone too long, haven't I? I have no idea what's going on!

Hope you get rid of those critters!!! Yikes!

11:41 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Like gypsy, I'm not sure what kind of bugs you are talking about. If it's fleas, put little bowls of rubbing alcohol on the floor (if you don't have a pet or a small child) The fleas will leap into the bowls and die. That along with spraying will work.

If it's some kind of lice or mites, hold a cotton ball soaked in alcohol over the bites for about 10 to 15 minutes and it will kill the bug inside the bite.

4:36 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

Actually I am kind of relieved to hear of other flea stories--besides SLA, her neighbor and me!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

That sucks, There has to be a way to kill or starve them

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home