Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday Meme

Meme #4890 or something....
I saved up the questions from this meme a while ago. I love to do and to read memes, they give a little window into the real personality of the writer. It's perfect for this morning as I've not been online much at all this past week.

1)Were you named after anyone?

I was named after a popular song at the time, a favorite of my mother’s. My Dad complained (at first) that she was spelling it wrong. But my family didn’t call me by that name anyway. I’ve always gone by a nickname.

2)When was the last time you cried?

It’s been quite a while now and I normally cry quite easily. It was over that movie about Johnny Cash, “Walk the Line”.

3)Do you like your handwriting?

All through school I had bad, nearly unreadable handwriting. I even got a “D” in penmanship once! But as an adult I got a book about handwriting and now write very well. In fact I once worked as a card writer, writing the same greeting 1,200 times before going on to a different greeting. And a friend of mine who always complained about my bad handwriting couldn’t even pass the writing test to get hired!

4)What is your favorite lunch meat?
Thinly sliced turkey or that fantastic smoked salmon from downstairs of where I work. I don’t eat it much, though.

5)Do you have kids?

One son and a pseudo son who lived with us for six years.

6)if you were another person would you be friends with you?

Yes, it’s always nice to find a person who likes the same things to hang out with.

7)Do you use sarcasm a lot?

Yes, in fact I used it on the Rebuttal that I wrote for work. And got called on it, too.

8)Do you still have your tonsils?

Yes. But this is a boring question!

9)Would you bungee jump?

When I was even a little bit younger, yes, and I wanted to sky drive too. But not now, everything hurts already and I don’t need any more injuries.

10)What is your favorite cereal?

Oatmeal with things like raisens and fruit cut up in it. But lately I’ve just been having the fruit for breakfast.

11)Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

Nope, I wear clogs, sandals, or ballerina flats. None of those have laces.

12)Do you think you are strong?

I was quite strong but now with several months of inactivity I’m certainly not. My arms aren’t very strong.

13)What is your favorite ice cream?

I normally don’t eat ice cream, just sherbet and Italian Ice.

14)What is the first thing you notice about people?

From far away, their clothing, but close up I notice their eyes and their smile.

15)Red or pink?

Red, I like deep rich colors. Rose is a good color, though.

16)What is your least favorite thing about yourself?

I’m constantly moving, thinking, dreaming so my life circumstances keep changing.

17)Who do you miss the most?

My Dad, who passed seven years ago this month.

18)You want everyone to blog this?

Not really, unless you want to do it.

19)What color pants and shoes are you wearing?

Bare feet and a nightgown right now.

20)What was the last thing you ate?

A salad from my garden with homemade orange-sesame dressing on it, yummy!

21)What are you listening to right now?

It’s early in the morning so the only noise is the hum of my computer.

22)If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Sky blue.

23)Favorite smells?

Freshly mowed grass, Bath&Body Works “Cotton Blossom”, Nag Champa inscense, “Wicked” perfume from Goth Rosary.

24)Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?

Former Temp, who called me last night. We talked about work woes.

25)Do you like the person who sent this to you?

Nobody sent this but I like the person on whose blog I found it!

26)Favorite sport to watch.

Football, NASCAR.

27)Hair color.

Blondish-brown.

28) Eye color?

Blue with a bit of greenish in them. I’ve always loved big brown eyes and my son has those.

29)Do you wear contacts?

I did use to wear contacts or glasses before I had that eye surgery done.

30)Favorite food?

Fruit and salad.

31)Scary movies or happy endings?

I like the happy ending type of movie better as long as it’s fairly realistic. I watch movies for escape and stress release, not to get all keyed up and nervous about living alone!

32)Last movie you watched?

”Stage Beauty” a really weird movie set in old England where only men were allowed to play the women’s parts in the theater. Not sure I liked it that well.

33)What color shirt are you wearing?

Not wearing a shirt, but my nightgown (which is thick, because it’s gotten cold at night now) is black and gray.

34)Summer or Winter?

Spring and Fall.

35)Hugs or kisses?

I’m not a hugger really, but would prefer that to a kiss from people I don’t know well.

36)Favorite dessert?

Cheesecake, but it’s been a long time since I’ve had some.

37)Most likely to post this on their blog?

Anyone who doesn’t want to write a post, or who really loves memes, like I do.

38)Least likely to blog this?

Some bloggers never do memes, but there’s no law that they have to do them!

39)What book are you reading now?

”Gatsby’s Girl” It’s an OK book, not great but a bit interesting.

40)What is on your mouse pad

One of the free mousepads we were giving out at the convention.

41)What did you watch on TV last night?

I seldom ever watch TV but do get movies from the library very often.

42)Favorite sound?

I love hearing the rain, thunder, or the distant sound of a train at night.

43)Rolling Stones or The Beatles?

I like them both equally, for different moods.

44)What is the furthest you have ever been from home?

Drove to Central America for our honeymoon.

45)Do you have a special talent?

Not really. I do seem to be fairly good at finding new uses for old things. Also (related to the first thing!) helping people find jobs.

46)Where were you born?

Wisconsin

47)Whose answers are you looking forward to getting back?

No one in particular, but I love reading memes.

48)What time is it?

It’s a little after 5:30 AM and I need to get ready for work

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

What a great meme PBS, this is one of those that let you learn something about a person.

I was poor at handwriting in school, probably because I was left handed and being taught by a right handed person and made to use PROPER ink pens!!! Yuk i used to come home covered in ink!

LAst year I was in a school where I had to use a prescribe kind ohandwriting in everything I did. Every letter starts on the line and it all joins together really neatly. I found it so easy to do and for me really neat, so I now use that. It is used with children who have poor spacial awareness and therefore struggle to find where to start the next letter.
gnbvybi

10:19 AM  
Blogger dan said...

Christ! That's a big one big meme. I'll answer number one. I was named after the ambulance man whi took my mother to hospital for my two week overdue birth.

10:55 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

I loved "Stage Beauty", very interesting movie. I got an impossible symbol name...and they made fun of Prince! Always good at handwriting to the point of obsession. I enjoy your memes...always!

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright! PB...you've been slackin! Ha just kidding..good to know more about ya!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

This was a great Meme. I've been a bit lacking in the something to say department so may even tackle it myself.

All through school my teachers tried to get me to "write" properly. I never did but I print beautifully. My family call me the human typewriter. I'd better not reveal anymore in case I decide to this myself....lol.

Great answers, I feel like a learned a lot more about you and that is always a good thing. BTW, I missed you.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PBS: A very intersting Meme. Thanks for sharing, and I agree enjoy Oatmeal too!:)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I have to admit I'm not keen on doing memes...but I love reading other people's.

You find out little bits of information..extra stuff about your bloggy friends that you may not in the usual post.

Just like I did today when I read this! Thanks.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Thanx for sharing..

Now I know someone else who does not eat ice-creme...My friend doesn't as well. Boggles my mind..lol

8:32 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Orange sesame dressing sounds just wonderful....I LOVE fruity dressings.

Do you sleep in your nightgown? (Not trying to pry or get all weird ass on you...but I read an article in the WSJ about a study done on people sleeping in different colors and those that slept in black slept the soundest! I sleep in a white slip...maybe that is why I keep dreaming those bizarre dreams)....

I love cheesecake too and I am SO GLAD that you were sarcastic in your rebuttal!

2:48 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Mmm, cheesecake...
I definitely enjoy those sounds too. Along with footsteps on gravel.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home