Monday, August 13, 2007

Find the right marker

The Blues Fest was truly the most fun I've had for a long long time! There were so many pleasures all rolled into one huge, brilliant weekend:
  • Son and girlfriend came to visit for the first time since he moved away on April 1st. They stayed with me and since they came they also brought;
  • My little (ex) dog whom I also missed
  • Free full pass Blues Fest ticket! I went on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
  • Beautiful weather, sunny and in the 90's. Even with SP30 I got toasted to a crisp but now I'm tan.
  • So there's where all the people my age go! I've never seen so many in one place around here before! Lots of interesting old hippies too.
  • The awesome music, puncuated by the sound of the aerial lift bridge and boats coming in and out of the bay combined with the hot sun, gentle breeze and lively crowd made it a one-of-a-kind sensory experience.
  • The crowd, some blew soap bubbles, there were fishing poles and flag poles with markers on them to find each enclave. One group was marked off by a tall yellow banner waving in the breeze which said, "Camp Monkey Love" and there were kites and masks and fish and just about anything else up on high poles as group markers.
  • The generous ticket benefactors had a RV right on the event site, so we migrated back and forth and ate there (event food and drink was VERY expensive)
  • I tried to contribute to the potluck by bringing cinnamon rolls, milk, orange juice and three different types of Leinies beer. Also borrowed two fold-up chairs from my mother as there were more people than there were chairs. So we weren't total freeloaders.
  • One of the families we were hanging with lost their four-year old son. We found him in that huge crowd. That was lucky.
  • I am going to save up money to go next year! But next time I'll take more photos and buy some of those great CDs and t-shirts and such.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

The Blues ffest every year is one of the best times going and its held 8 blocks from my place so its easy to get to and its cheap at eighty bucks for 100 bands over 10 days.
I remember seeing Ray Charles there in one of his last performances and still have the poster framed on the wall.
Its great to be in a great big crowd havinga good time

11:18 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Glad you had a wonderful time.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thats wonderful that you got to have some fun away from your troubles for a few days. Music, family, beautiful weather, what more could you ask for.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so happy you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing it with us.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I love events like that. I remember once going to RockFest with my (then) young daughters. I was petrified of losing them but we had this really great group of hippies next to us and they protected my kids like they were their own.

I'm glad you had a great time. You needed some fun in your life for a change.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Tulsa Waterproofing said...

Helloo mate great blog post

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home