Sunday, July 15, 2007

Friday the 13th

Yeah, I know that today is actually Sunday the 15th, but I forgot to say something during the Friday post. July 13th is my ex's birthday. My son's father was born on a Friday the 13th. Guess that should have told me something right there! But he always said that Friday the 13th was a lucky day for him: so we were married on a Friday the 13th, during my lunch hour! Pretty weird, huh?

Well, we thought it was sort of cool. My co-workers (at that time) did too. I called my best friend at work and told her that I was going to be a little late back from lunch-I was getting married! She got all excited and told everyone else. So when I finally returned from my lunch hour/wedding, they had a huge celebration with food and drink and even decorations for me at work! They must have worked fast on it, since I wasn't gone THAT long! I think...

This last Friday ended with the doctor appointment. Except it didn't end there: I have to go back for blood work, back for a mammogram and a colonoscopy. Happy happy joy joy. The good news is that my blood pressure is fine and everything else seemed OK; which is good to know.

Today was another Open House, so Saturday was spent Extreme Cleaning--when I wasn't with my Mom. I also weeded and hoed the garden and got more compliments on it from passerbys. The neighbor 80-year-old lady talked with me for quite a while. In fact I was a bit worried that I wasn't going to get done with the weeding/hoeing by the time I had to leave to get my Mom. Then the neighbor left for about 5 minutes, returned and started telling me some of the same stories. She's very sweet but it was lucky for me and and Mom that she was quicker the second time she stopped to talk!

Today I went to the first church and then the second one. Church #2 had a BBQ after, so that mercifully took up some of the time that I had to be away from my house (for the Open House). After that I drove around a bit, somewhat out of sorts but at least not hungry, and then went grocery shopping and went home.

I haven't heard a thing about the Open House. Wonder if anyone came? The real estate agent is a great guy but his company doesn't advertise well at all. Unless they just happened to be driving by, most people wouldn't even know about the Open House. My contract with them expires in two days. After that, I'm going with a larger real estate company that splashes its offerings across the newspapers. It's a shame but I do need to sell my house.

Hope your weekend has been a very fun one!

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Dave's birthday was on Friday too---and he's a joy, so maybe it works different ways for different folks.

I love a lunchtime wedding; my daughter is going in for the first-in-our-family humongous wedding, and I know it's going to make her happy, but I do wish she'd gone for a wedding at a friend's house and a downpayment on a house instead.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'm just glad my weekend is over. What does THAT tell you! :)


Actually, this was the very first Friday the 13th that something crappy happened to me. BAH!!!

7:17 AM  
Blogger deni said...

I didn't realize that Friday was the 13th, that's how much I pay attention, lol.

I never heard of a lunch time wedding, that is very different. My first wedding, although a church wedding was very small, and my second, we snuck off to see a judge. It was much easier the second time.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Wow, what a story to be married during your lunch hour. I can't believe it!

I hope all the tests come out ok. I'm due for my yearly "smashogram" myself. fun, fun, fun...

8:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you have more luck on the house soon!

We still haven't sold ours. One couple has come 3 times now (twice 8 weeks ago) and they're asking all kinds of odd questions like how often we treat it for pests and nitpicking over every little thing. Their daughter goes to school right across the street. My husband thinks they'll make an offer and they're just trying to wear us down before they put it in.

If they low ball us then we'll refuse. We don't technically need to be out until November 2009, so we can afford to wait and be patient. It's tough though when we really want to move on.

I know you need to sell soon. I hope the new realty company gets it sold quickly. If I were in your area I'd want to buy your house. It sounds really nice.

9:07 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

My weekend was probably more fun than your friday the 13th sounded!
I am always curious about open houses. One day I will go scope some out...

7:26 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Oh, hon....as a recent participant in my very own colonoscopy,take this advice: you will be offered orange, pineapple or lemon lime flavoring.

Don't take the orange like I did. You may never drink orange juice again....and pretend that you are on Survivor every time you have to drink a cup of the laxative. I just kept muttering to myself, "It is worth it to get the million bucks, Jeff!"

7:46 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

That was quite the lunch.
I don;t know about gettingmarried on Friday the 13th but it is an easy day to remember if you can remember the month.

I hope you get a call on your house soon and maybe a bigger agency with more exposure would help.

9:08 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Good luck on that house. Look for more visits from the old neighbor. When it gets bad enough...you may have to be on the lookout for her children to visit so you can let them know. They don't always believe the dementia is happening unless someone tells them...because she isn't going to offer it up.

10:05 PM  
Blogger magicfingers said...

I just read your bit on The Sirens Chronicles. Very sad but a good read.

11:32 PM  
Blogger katie said...

What a cool wedding story! I'm sorry you have to get all the tests done, but it will be good to know the results.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home