Monday, February 26, 2007

Dizzy

I'm feeling dizzy today. Hope I'm not getting what's going around where my son works. The driving will be iffy, especially since we're cleaning out from under a mini-blizzard. The interstate bridge will be slippery and it's still windy out too.

Yesterday afternoon we dug the cars out in time so son could get to work. After he left, a neighbor helped me by snow blowing out the rest. I had already moved the jeep out and was shoveling a spot for the car and jeep to go back in. Despite the help, the shoveling was brutal. It's hard to believe I used to enjoy shoveling! Now it makes my back hurt, head dizzy (but that might have been the first signs of whatever this is) and my stomach want to throw up. If I shovel too much, I do throw up and feel hurting and sick for the rest of the day. Such a wimp, getting older can be a literal pain in the neck, back and elsewhere. The snow was drifted, deep and heavy to lift (in a shovel).

I just read that Happy and Blue2 is leaving the blogging world, at least for awhile. That's very sad as I love to go there and read the latest story and the comments about it, too. But it's understandable that a person might need more time for his/her real life and to interact in the real world.

Blogging IS part of my world. I get up every morning and look forward to reading and commenting on other blogs and to posting on my own. But there's always sort of a distance, ya know. I don't really get involved or friendly with any other bloggers. I'd like to, but just don't, I don't know why. There are so many bloggers that I'd like to get to know better! It does seem like certain bloggers get to know each other by other means, E-mail, telephone, letters, and that all sounds very fun, if time-demanding.

But I'm a selfish blogger so far and blog mostly just for me. I think the more altruistic bloggers might get worn out from all the blogging relationships and that's why they sometimes need a break. Just a thought. What does blogging mean to you? Have you formed real relationships and friendships from it?

11 Comments:

Blogger deni said...

It's hard to connect with other bloggers on a personal level, I know others that have done it, and I myself have only talked to one person on the phone, but I do count you as a friend, and you can email me anytime!

I hope you are not getting sick!!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I've never really connected with another blogger either. I have some real life friends but we were friends before we were blogging and reading each others blogs.

I do agree with Deni though, that I count you as a friend even though we really don't know each other. I look forward to each post though and I'm always glad to see when you comment on mine.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

YEESH! That sounds COOOLD!!!!

And I'd LOVE to connect with more fellow bloggers, but The PK would have a friggin' conniption FIT over soemthing like that!

He hated the fact that I even had a blog in the first place...it started a HUGE fight between us...so I never mentioned my blog again. I have very little hope of ever meeting a fellow blogger or doing the phone call thing...he'd go ballistic!

1:14 PM  
Blogger katie said...

I IM with a few other bloggers, but I've never actually met any in person.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, God yes! I have met some of the most genuinely fascinating people who have added wonderful dimensions to my own life such as Andy Martello, Deni Bonet ("Last Girl on Earth"), Bud Buckley, and spoken with Glenn Bishop and Denny Shane (My Anything But Normal Life) on the phone. May I add that the ultimate was our Bus Trip in December for The Rick Springfield Benefit Concert for Sahara Aldridge. I have photos on Page 3 of my Gallery and everyone you see is a Blogger. We formed life-long friendships, sat up all night in front of the Fireplace and talked after the show. I hope to be able to meet you one day too PBS! You are a wonderful writer!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I had a really bad experience when I allowed myself to get too friendly with another blogger (can you say blog stalker?!), so I have learned to keep my distance and never give out too much information.

The truth, though, is that most bloggers are great, friendly, wonderful, interesting people...it is the few creeps who ruin it for the rest of us..

7:16 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I feel connected---Iève laughed and cried and spit fire---thatès a connecton.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I feel a sort of connection with a few bloggers. But I know that a virtual friend and a real friend are not usually the same thing. Many of my blog mates live far away and a real friendship would be difficult across the miles. There are some, however, that I'd like to meet one day for coffee or lunch. And you're among them, PBS!

10:00 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I have a blogger friend here now...she's the one I went to a Peace rally in Santa Barbara with. I guess we are going again mid March...it's supposed to be really big and in co-ordination with one in DC. I'm an introvert...so she is perfect for me to just follow around.

Be careful of the shoveling! Make someone younger do it.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Although we've had a rather cold six week, I haven't had much snow to shovel this year. I like snow, and sometimes I even like the shovelling ... in moderation of course.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

You know, back when I left the community for awhile, I never meant to stay away for six months. But then Ed got terribly ill and it was enough just to keep my sanity day to day without going over the edge.
I'll miss H&B too but I have a feeling he will return. He's taken some much needed breaks before. We just have to hold on till he gets back.

Blogging is VERY important to me. The reason I left was because I no longer felt I could keep up with the reading side of it, and that was actually interefering with the writing side for me.

Great to be back though!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home