Thursday, February 22, 2007

A little set-back

The wind is howling outside the house. Well, maybe not really howling, but making that noise like really strong wind does. My car is tucked in on the driveway, so hope it will start OK without having been plugged in. I woke up an hour before my alarms went off (and they go off pretty darn early!) so got an early start to today.

Today is going to be a super busy day at work. The meeting attendees were coming in already late yesterday and some stopped by the office. I LIKE our clients, even though they are so quirky, maybe because they're so quirky. Well, hope you have a great day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I know what you mean about people making fun of other people. Heck, there are some people around here I'm not fond of (who my co-workers make fun of) but I don't find it the slightest bit funny. It's downright mean.

Good luck with the BZ!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I really understand where you are. It happens so frequently here that the wrong people get credit for work that others do. I thought we were alone!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PBS: You sound like the kind of person for whom helping others succeed comes naturally. And that is a great trait. Thanks so much for visiting!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I am so frustrated by office politics - how can people always be so blind? The average office contains maybe 3 people who actually do good work, and the rest just coast by.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What you can hope for is that when Temp gets a compliment she gives you credit, for helping at least. I do that. Not that I want to deflect credit away from myself, but I do want to give credit to the people who helped me.

There's that fine line between not looking arrogant and yet being assertive. It's always hard to know if what you're wanting to do will put you over that line. I probably err on the side of not being assertive enough, but I feel good about what I do and how I do it and that's what's important to me.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I'm with happy and blue. Try the memo thing. Or else, just stop helping the temp out....not in a mean, snarky way, of course. Just sit back and let her sink or swim.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Best wishes on your day :o)

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home