Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The start of it all

Well, my nice long weekend has come to an end and it's time to get ready for work. This week will only be four days, but jam-packed with action. We're hosting a meeting with people from all over the U.S. for two days this week. And there's lots of other stuff going on at the same time. It's going to be busy and today is the start of it all.

My plan was to go to the early showing of "Music and Lyrics" but that didn't turn out. My son wanted to go, then we invited Pseudo son and neither of them particularly wanted to go to a "chick flick" so we picked another movie, "Epic Movie". It was hilariously funny, a spoof on many different movies. There was one part where I got the giggles and had to make myself stop. I think it's a movie where you either love the stupid silliness or utterly hate it.

It's a ways to go out into the country, to get Pseudo son and come back into town (the town where I work, not where I live) to the movie theater and son drove. I really tried to relax but was nervous and tense the entire time, not wanting to die going to a movie on my day off! We sped, tailgaited, and my non-favorite, came roaring up to cars stopped at a light or stop sign, without braking until the very last instant. Yikes! And then the windows were so foggy that one could barely see out of them. It was like a ride at the carnival, without the assurance that nothing would go wrong. Even though the jeep gets poor gas mileage, I think I'm driving next time. I'm sure I have more gray hair this morning.

After the movie we went to the bar/laundromat/restaurant and each had a burger and fries. The food there is very good. And then it was speeding back to Pseudo son's house, then back up the freeway to home. So I got to bed somewhat later than I should have, with a busy work day/week coming up. I'm just waiting for that coffee to be done and now have to go and get the ferrets for the daily shower. Have a great day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh I want to see that "music and Lyrics" too! you should SEE the look I get from The PK whenever I mention it...yep, the ol' eyeroll! :)

"Epic Movie" looks pretty funny....I love those movie that are so silly, they're funny! :)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Yup. I want to see Epic Movie too! I loved the Naked Gun series so yeah, that sort of comedy turns my key for sure. Can't wait to see it.

Glad you had a fun time yesterday on your day off.

I know what you mean about driving with the offspring. My daughter's not a bad driver - pretty careful and all that (at least, with me in the car she is ) - but her car is like a garbage pail ... smell and all. The windows are hard to see out of and the back floor is filled with empty soda cups, candy wrappers, old sneakers (don't ask), you name it. Ew.

I hope you have a decent work week!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yes, our lessons on dealing with babies lie in the very murky past.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I wonder if Epic Movie is anything like Borat? I had so many people tell me that Borat was hilarious that I couldn't wait to go see it and then when we went....I didn't like it. I was bored!

I sometimes think there is just something really wrong with me!

But...I have heard that this one is good, so may have to give it a try.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

hmmmm music and lyrics i want to go see that tooo, epic movie looks a bit too daft, i'll wait for that on DVD...

and i've been invited to a christening today so hurrah for little babies...

*hugs*

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home