Friday, February 16, 2007

Smoking is bad for your fingers

I have no hangover but ouch, my finger is sore! Now I can barely type even though it was kind of numbed last night. It was cold and windy outside last night, of course. So lighting up was difficult and the matchbook was old and worn. When the match (placed right under my finger) finally lit, a glowing piece went under my fingernail. So that part of my right index fingernail is burnt off and there's an angry red spot under the nail. Yes, it really hurts. Smoking is bad for your fingers. The Surgeon General ought to put that on the cigarette pack. It might be a good deterrent for teens.

Also, I think drinking alcohol eats your brain cells. I'm having a tough time spelling things. "Surgeon General" and "deterrent" look wrong, are they? I have a contract and a resolution to finish up today at work. We have a financial meeting in the afternoon that could be stressful. I'm all ready for it though, went through the invoices (an inch high stack of paper) yesterday for an analysis. So my vices of last night will not get in the way of my job today! And today is Friday, have a good day and a great weekend!

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh that sounds VERY painful! I've done similar things before and burns are the worst because they seem to take forever to heal!

And I think all those words are spelled correctly too! :)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Dr Michelle Tempest said...

Here's wishing your finger a speedy recovery. Just found your blog and I shall be back to read more posts. All the very best. Michelle

7:47 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

If I look at Surgeon General and Deterrent too long it'll do that thing where the words don't make sense any more. That's the 2nd time this week that's happened to me!

Stay away from those smokes! I cut my finger and my thumb on the bread knife today so I should probably stay away from the kitchen- yay!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes. I hope that grows out quickly/ heals!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time though.

Have a great Friday and a great weekend!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

How about those little burn holes you get on shirts and jackets from flying sulfer bits.grrrrrr

3:47 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

God, I miss my cigs. And I quit 24 years ago. I kid you not. I was 24 when I quit and I am 48 now.

I still have dreams in which I am smoking and when I wake up I SWEAR I can smell the smoke.

When I am stressed out, I STILL want a cigarette so bad that I can hardly stand it. Once I SNIFFED someone's coat at a party because it had a lingering smell of Marlboro on it and those were my brand.

But, I still drink....just not like I used to.

Good hell...I am so freakin old....

8:07 PM  
Blogger magicfingers said...

You know PJ, if there were no instructions how to safely light that cigarette written in your language on the side of the cigarette package and the match book.......I would sue!!!:)$$
Just kidding. I have been burned with Cigarettes, as every child who lived with 2 smoking parents has. It is a good hot burn. Good luck with that.of course if you didn't smoke or drink you wouldn't be having this probblem.....

9:21 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh boy, i can't relate to "maria"! I gave up nearly 12 years ago, cold turkey but i swear i still feel like one every day, especially with a drink. Next time make sure you're holding a beer, then you can cool your finger down on the side of the bottle!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I really need to re-learn blogging. Now I made a whole message and then forgot to sign in on my google name first, so it went away. Egad.

I posted about cigs too ... gotta love those cigs.

Sounds like you had a fun time .. I hope your weekend goes along nicely ... and without any burns!

Missed ya.
C

9:41 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

OUCH! Hope your not in too much pain now. Thankgoodness I don't smoke.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home