Friday, January 26, 2007

No temp-tation

Today is the last day to complete the project due by Monday. It will take a miracle, frankly, but I'm doing my best. The training manager asked me to help her with the training for it. She's going to write it up this weekend and we're going to present it at the staff meeting first thing on Monday morning. I don't mind doing that at all, but would like to know what I'm talking about before getting up and demonstrating it on the big screen in the conference room! I like to be prepared. But it's not going to be possible so it just will have to be whatever it is.

We have one box ready for each person but won't have them all done, unless, like I said, there's a miracle.

Anyway, we all went out last night again, including the bosses. Well, it's Friday and I'm going out again tonight--third time in a row! But this time it's with friends. Have a good day and a great weekend!

11 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

I'm sorry the temp is not pulling her weight. It's so frustrating to work with people like that. Trust me...I know!

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bon courage! You're probably right about the temp being your boss one day...I sit here and see the ASSistant doing LITERALLY nothing for 10 years? How could she keep a job? Everything we do (or she should do) is time-dated. You could check...I do. BTW, I don't micro-manage everyone, just her because she *is* my assistant and she does so very little. I think she did 4 orders...last week. : (

10:41 AM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

That really sucks.

Break all her cigarettes when she isn't looking. Do it.

12:43 PM  
Blogger angela marie said...

Good luck with it all! Bummer about the temps...there are just so many people who not only want, but expect, a free ride.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Have fun tonight and have a great weekend!

Sorry about the temp situation..Maybe u can give her a " hint" next week.

6:42 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

This is a scenario I have seen so much...it's pitiful. What is it that it always works out this way?!!

4:09 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Good for you PBS, i believe you would have been an awesome temp too :o)
I really am blown away how these temps keep getting contracts.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

You know, back when Life at my job was good, I really didn't understand your complaints.

I sure as heck understand you now, girl! And you have my deepest sympathy.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm hoping by now you've had a fairly relaxing weekend and can shake that temp and her sucky worth ethic out of your hair. I doubt that temp is going to be your Boss one day, she'd have to work a lot harder to make that happen!

Good luck with your presentation :)

2:25 AM  
Blogger deni said...

I hope you got everything done, I know it's tough when others don't pull their weight.

I hope you had an awesome weekend. :)

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home