Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Do try this at home

The (good-- not "The Best...") banana bread recipe:

Cream together
1 1/2 cup shortening and
1 cup sugar, beat in
2 eggs, add
3 ripe bananas (the ones too brown to eat--I have 3 candidates waiting right now!)
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

Then add dry ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
dash of salt

mix together and then add
3/4 cup nuts, either walnuts or pecans
I break them up rather than chop them

pour batter into greased (I use butter) loaf pan. If there is batter left over I pour it into little loaf pans to make mini-breads. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until a knife put into the center comes out clean.
____________________

Or if you have Bisquick in the kitchen cupboard (I didn't, had to go buy some on the grocery shopping spree) here's a super-easy recipe:

Red Lobster Biscuits (taste sort of like the ones they serve there)
Mix
2 cups Bisquick and
2/3 cups milk

Beat well and add:
1/2-3/4 cup cheese shredded or cut into little pieces (I use 3 different kinds, whatever I have on hand. Sharp cheddar is the best, though)

Drop spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
when they're done pour over:

1/4 cup melted butter (must use real butter to taste right)mixed with
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (I just shake in a lot)

Quick and easy! These disappear really fast.

The Boss is back at work today. I had an issue with another co-worker and so will have to talk to her about it to avoid getting in trouble. It sounds like she is supporting me on this, though. I have two huge projects this week and didn't have time to do the co-worker's request. I started to do a few things, but it quickly turned into a much more extensive project and the other co-worker with the first project was not happy to see it. Yep, at my job I really need to be a people pleaser to survive. Happy Hump Day!

9 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

The recipes sound good. I will definitely try them.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Corrr! Those Red Lobster biscuits look (read) delicious!

10:45 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Yummy, I will take note of that recipe.

I hope things resolve for you at work soon.

I have a new blog, I am now at:

http://embracingtomorrow.blogspot.com/

12:49 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thanks for the recipe it just sounds wonderful, however my cooking skills are terrible so I am not going to ruin it by attempting it!

1:27 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Yumm!! I'm going to try both of those!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OOOo PBS, thanks so much for the recipes, they sound delicous.
Your Red Lobster Biscuits sound like our version of Cheese Scones :o)

1:08 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Thanks for the recipes...I only recently ate at the Red Lobster for the first time...and the biscuits are definitely yummy.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I love banana bread. I'm going try that recipe. Thanks!

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home