Thursday, January 25, 2007

Brrrr, it's cold---inside

My little dog was restless last night and kept waking me up. She had been keeping me awake since 11:00, good thing I'd gone to bed really early. I discovered the reason for her unrest when she threw up all over my bed around 2:30 AM or so. She may be little, but she did an excellent job at it. I was tired, had barely slept and was looking forward to another busy, physical day at work with the boxes, so I grabbed an alarm clock, the two remaining (thin) blankets, and went to sleep on the couch in the living room.

My little dog soon joined me on top of the blankets. She was shivering. The upstairs of my house is really cold. I keep it set at 70 degrees but usually it's more like around 60 degrees in actual temperature, this time it was in the low 50's! So despite a wicked heating bill that arrived yesterday, I jacked up the thermostat even higher than 70 and tried to think warm thoughts.

My little dog will not get under the covers to get warm, but must sleep on top of me. After a while she stopped shivering, just when I was thinking maybe we should sleep down in the basement where it is warmer. Then I fell asleep for an hour before the alarm went off. I even had two interesting dreams in that time! Now I'm looking forward to a nice HOT shower--but not to getting out of it, back into the cold.

Last night we went out after work, it was the temp's idea and it was a good one. I wouldn't have suggested such a thing because everyone else is married, and/or has little kids and more responsibilities. Plus, at the end of a work day I just want to get away from them all, not hang out with them! But it was quite fun and since one of the key players couldn't go last night, we're going again tonight! On Friday I'm going out with SLA, Houseguest and friends, so that will be three nights out in a row, if it all works out. Have a great day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

I woke up to a cold house myself this morning. After working all night the night before I went home from work at 5:00 and was asleep by 7:00...the fire in the stove didn't last til morning so I woke up and it was quite cold.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good time, sorry about the restless night : (

12:08 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Have fun! Hope the pup is feeling better.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

Do you do the shiver, eye rub walk to the bathroom every morning like me?

Crank that heater up!

1:54 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Good for you...you need a little party time for yourself. But your poor little doggie! I hope she didn't eat something bad for her...give her kisses (sort of) and lots of lovies to get her better. I haven't blogged about it...because I'm too busy cranking on you know who...but I got a Jack Russel Terrier female adoptee December 30 and she has perfectly taken the place of our Doxie that we put down last April. I am so fortunate in finding this dog. Actually, Magicfingers' daughter found her for us. She has made a profound difference in our household. She's a yo yo though.

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home