Wednesday, January 17, 2007

From the Meme Pile

They had a piece on the evening news about the stomach flu that's been going around. Favorite Ex-boss had it and is still not up to snuff five days later. What is extremely weird is that the only food he craves and can eat is canned goods! Remember, that's how I got into my new, easier way of cooking. I did not say a word about my canned food cravings to him, either; he just volunteered it in conversation. This wicked flu has changed my entire way of eating. The news story said it wasn't really the flu but some highly contagious viral thing. Hope it doesn't come back. The last time I was that sick was when I had amoebic dysentery from traveling to Central America (by car). Well, it wasn't quite THAT bad, but close, far too close.

Here is a Meme that I found lying around in my meme pile. I have no idea where I got it, and hopefully haven't posted it before!

A Meme/Survey
1. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
Nobody, I like my privacy and freedom.

2. Who do you blame for your mood today?
I'm usually in a pretty good mood, but coffee helps!

3. Have you ever seen a dead body?
Yes, and also worked with them and real body pieces in anatomy class. Dead flesh feels really cold. It's slippery too; I almost dropped a heart on the floor. There's got to be a joke in that, somewhere!

4. What should we do w/ stupid people?
Nothing. People are interesting; let them do their thing as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

5. How long do you think you will live?
I'm planning for a lot longer.

6. What was the first thing you did this morning?
Start the coffee.

7. The color of carpet in your bedroom?
White tweed.

9. Last person you went out to dinner with?
Son and Pseudo Son.

10. Are you spoiled?
No, too bad. Any offers?

11. Do you drink lots of water?
Yes, I carry around a water bottle where ever I go.

12. What toothpaste do you use?
Mint-y Crest.

13. How do you vent your anger?
Go for a vigorous walk, write stuff in my journal or blog, dance to rock music.

14. The last compliment you received?
That I’m a good gift-giver.

15. What are you doing this weekend?
Movies, out with Mom, out with friends.

16 When was the last time you threw up?
January 2 when I had that wicked flu.

17. Is your best friend a virgin?
No, ha ha!

18. What theme does your room have?
Eclectic, bright with many colors, especially red.

19. When was the last time you were at a party?
Went to four during Christmas.

20. Are you a mama's child or a daddy's child?
Neither, I was the invisible middle child.

21. Would you ever join the military?
I considered it when younger but am now glad I didn’t.

22. The last website you visited?
One of my favorite bloggers!

23. Who was the last person you took a picture with?
My family.

25. Last person you went to the movies with?
Son and Pseudo Son, before the dinner.

26. What did you do/will you do for your birthday this year?
Take the day off from work. It’s my yearly little gift to myself.

27. Number of layers on your bed?
Three layers and nine pillows. One is a body pillow.

28. Is anything alive in your room?
A Jade Plant, a Rosemary Plant and a Sage Plant. Also, my little dog who sleeps with me.

29. Today, would you rather go back a week or go forward a week?
I always look forward to the future, no going back.

30. What are you looking forward to right now?
Implementing my new grand scheme for this year!

So there it is. If anyone wants to do this meme, help yourself.

Tonight I made "Elvis Chicken Bake" it was really good. I also had a Tom & Jerry with rum and brandy in it and am about ready for bed even though it's early. I went to bed at 2:30 AM last night (get up at 5) and had a loooonnnngggg boring telephone conference today for two hours at work. I barely stayed awake. Good thing I didn't have to take meeting minutes for that one. Have a great Thursday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Awful about that flu---I,m keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm scared of any food that has Elvis in the title.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Loved the meme! And I haven't stayed awake until 2:30 in a VERY LONG time!

;)

And for the record, I want to be tied to Viggo Mortensen...;)

6:33 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Here they are calling that flu/virus the CRUD. I haven't succumbed as of yet, but I know quite a few people who have had it.

That was a great meme, enjoyed your answers.

7:53 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Being a good gift giver is a great compliment. It says that you are thoughtful. So what is this elvis chicken bake?? It sounds interesting.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

That flu sounds terrible! And very wierd

5:17 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

That's a very good MeMe, I may do it at some point. If I do, I'll let you know

10:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey cool, like your answers to this meme. Don't think I've seen it on your blog before. I might have to steal it at some stage myself.


Hope everyone near you is getting over that wicked flu, sometimes those things can go around and around for friggin' ages! Maybe you should wear a doctor's mask to work? Just a thought lol

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home