Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Work Triumph, Food Failure

It was a good day at work today, even though it could have turned out badly for me. I presented my policies and procedures at the staff meeting and saw only one person stifling a yawn. In that document, I'd put that I was the technology backup. It was sort of a bold, daring move, if you remember the conversation with the IT guy and his subsequent stalling on selecting his backup (because he was "uncomfortable" with me being his backup.) Well, he left at noon and I was left (with no training) to deal with a conference call. Luckily for me I found the equipment and could hook it up. It wasn't that difficult of a thing, yet was somewhat stressful. The entire staff was there with a consultant and clients were calling in. It went OK and nothing dramatic or bad occurred. It was the first time we used our own new conferencing system, normally I'd called a provider and set it up.

Then I came home to make grilled ham and cheese in the oven, which turned out really good, not too greasy--and potato chip cookies which didn't turn out well at all. Now they are hard as rocks and I don't want to break any more fillings or teeth! You'd think with butter, potato chips and vanilla (and other stuff, like flour, of course) they'd be really tasty and good. Nope, it was a work triumph and a food failure. But the reverse would have been worse! Have a great day!

10 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

hmmmmm grilled cheese and ham, you are making me hungry, all i ever do when i'm dieting is think about food...lol

glad you sorted out the conference call, its not something i've had to do myself but i hear its quite complicated...

*hugs*

5:19 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Potato chip cookies? I never heard of such a thing! Really? :)

6:55 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

OK, next time you make grilled cheese and hame will you send some to me ? PLeaaaaaaaaaaase :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger katie said...

What do potato chip cookies taste like? aren't they salty?

10:33 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Potato chip cookies huh? Sounds...interesting! hee hee

I'm proud of your bold move saying you are the IT backup. Good job!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on the conference call, I wouldn't have had a clue!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Huh? Potato chip cookies?

3:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you! I'm glad you stood up to Mr. IT Man. Whoever made you his backup did so for a reason and it's not Mr. IT Man's decision. And see? You proved yourself competent.

6:11 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I had potato chip cookies once and they were quite tasty, I never made them though so I can't tell you what went wrong.

Glad you had a good day at work.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OMG, she put a cigarette out on a boy??? Holy crap!!

Not heard of potato chip cookies, but they sure sound delicous :o)

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home