Monday, January 22, 2007

Lights out!

I forgot to mention one of the more significant things about the breaking of my favorite cup incident: The temp told me about her "Eye of God" casulty the very same day as I broke the coffee cup that morning. Weird coincidence.

Well, I didn't break anything else this past weekend but we did have another weird coincidence. From Friday night to Sunday night, basically the entire weekend, we had four lightbulbs burn out! First it was the one in the "animal room" in the basement where we store the food and supplies for our pets, then the family room light in the basement. Shortly after one of the bulbs burned out on my lamp in the upstairs living room, and as a grand finale, the lightbulb in the refrigerator burned out! I've never had a light bulb in the 'fridge burn out, and this is a new (bought it last year, not even a year old) refrigerator. Even more weird is that I actually had a lightbulb that could fit it, a 15w little bulb. It was the last spare bulb we had. A few days before, both of my son's lightbulbs in his bedroom burned out. The lights are going off all over in my house!

Other than that it was a pretty normal weekend. I made lasagne and thin mints and banana bread and (baked) ham and cheese sandwiches and that green bean dish with the Dunkee's Dried Onions on top. My Mom and I went shopping at a dollar store and a thrift store. I washed all my finds and am going to wear a dark green blouse-y thing to work today. Work. Yes, it's Monday so soon. Have a good one!

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Mmm...now I'm hungry! That all sounds so good! :)

Hope your Moanday goes smoothly! ;)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

You know it really makes sense that your light bulbs all burn out at the same time...because you probably bought them at the same time and put them in at the same time. It happens to me all the time!

The food sounds good. I managed to get my kitchen clean this weekend and that's about it. Oh, I did slow cook a roast with the fixings on Saturday so I guess I did do something after all!

8:41 AM  
Blogger katie said...

I don't think I've ever had a fridge light go out.
All my lightbulbs seem to go out at the same time too, and of course I never seem to have the right size bulb!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And don't forget to check that battery on the smoke detector. lol! Last night I was having a frustrating time finding some papers and accidentally knocked over a glass (fortunately no injuries). It seems to go that way though. Have a good week!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

" made lasagne and thin mints and banana bread and (baked) ham and cheese sandwiches and that green bean dish with the Dunkee's Dried Onions on top. "

:( And I'm still on soft foods. Your making me crave all the stuff I can't have..UGH.

6:41 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Light bulbs always seem to go all at the same time in my house.

7:10 PM  
Blogger magicfingers said...

I was ill this weekend. I did manage to get the neccessary laundry finished but other than that I was down. I was much better for Monday morning work. I sure don't like spending my days off sick. Why couldn't I have gotten ill on monday after a great week end.
Lights generally go out in bunches for me too. Don't know why but it happens.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Ghosts
Yup has to be that or you leave alot of lights on and they burn out.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

ha ha ha the light at my computer just went out lol.
Ok your blog needs alot of power to run.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

WOW, PBS your menu sounds incredible....if only i lived closer :o)
Happy Monday!

5:21 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LMAO....FYI my word verification was YEGODZS.......how spooky!

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MADE thin mints? Mmm. That sounds good! Maybe the aliens are using your brain as a transmitter and that's why all the bulbs and breakage troubles? Could be, you never know. ;p

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home