Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"The Best Banana Bread Ever"?

Maybe with all this cooking I'll get less self-conscious about feeding people. Of course I'm self-conscious about nearly everything, so why would cooking for others be any different?

To help the process, I brought the thin mints to work--they disappeared right away and I even got asked for the recipe. I also brought the banana bread. The recipe name was, "The Best Banana Bread Ever" and I think the recipe author needs to eat some real banana bread, as her experience must have been lacking!

The recipe called for lots of eggs and soda but only two bananas. It also took two-and-a-half hours to bake in a slow oven and it wasn't that good. Edible, but certainly not like the delicious, heavy, moist banana bread I usually make. The people at work ate it, but nobody asked for the recipe, which was not a surprise. I did bring sweet cream butter to put on it, so that would have made it a bit better. Butter makes everything better--wasn't that an advertising slogan or something?

Well, anyway, it's onward to work to continue on a box project. I'm wearing more casual (but not jeans, we can only wear them on Fridays) because it's a grubby task and I have to dust off my clothes. Have a good Tuesday!

6 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

Mmmmmmmmm, banana bread, I haven't had that in ages.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

YAY for casual Fridays...O love those! :)

And I suck at baking...I once made a chocolate pie from scrath...that we ended up having to eat with a spoon because it never set. I also did the same thing with fudge once...even stuck it in the freezer all day and it STILL wouldn't get hard.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

Wow. You bake? For co-workers? You're my new idol.

12:40 PM  
Blogger katie said...

I'm thinking of attempting to make banana bread, but I'm not much of a baker. Butter does make everything better, and I'm sure the coworkers enjoyed it.

1:44 PM  
Blogger magicfingers said...

Banana Bread Mmmmmmmmm.
Haven't had that in years. I use to also make fruit bread. The same recipe as banana bread but with can fruit instead of bananas. I used mixed fruit. You can leave the fruit diced like in the can or you can mince it. You can also add nuts if you prefer. It is sort of like fruit cake but not so heavy, tough or yukky. TRY IT!

9:13 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Stick to your recipe and what you know to be good...that never fails to please. It's when you branch out to those people that insist this is the best...and it never is. Although I'm sure your's is very good. Post your recipe...I'd be interested.

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home