Friday, December 15, 2006

Six Weird Things

(Tagged by Fizzy)
Here are the rules:
Each player of this games starts with 6 weird things about themselves. People who get tagged then have to write 6 weird things, as well as state this rule at the beginning. At the end you have to choose 6 people who are to be tagged and tell them in their comment box!

Actually Fizzy made this meme easier for me, as we share a couple of the weird things:

1) I'm going to use Fizzy’s one about liking to go barefoot all of the time. I think that's why it's so hard for me to buy dress shoes. My regular shoes feel really really comfortable now (after wearing those very fitted dress shoes)and much roomier. I miss living in the country and going barefoot outside in the grass. Well, maybe not at this time of the year.

2) I must make my bed every morning before leaving the house (whether for work on the weekdays or errands on the weekends). I can not stand to come home to an unmade bed. Maybe this is why….

3) I sometimes don't sleep in my bed at night! I like to vary my sleeping spots. My favorite was the brown recliner chair that would not fit up the apartment stairs, so we brought it to Goodwill. Now I have a choice of two couches, a futon and a bunk bed.

4) I must have coffee in the morning to kickstart the day. I’m not really a morning person but have worked office hours for years and years. So have put some habits in place to get to work on time and relatively awake.

5) Relating to #4, I have two alarm clocks set every work night. Neither is electronic, as when we lived in the country the electricity would often blink off during the night and mess up my alarm clock. One is a battery travel clock, which I take with me for travel, the other an old-fashioned wind clock. The travel clock has a snooze button but I never use it. The wind clock goes off first and the travel clock 15 minutes later. The clocks are set a half hour ahead to make me think I have to hurry! The first clock is set (real time) for 4:30 AM.

6) I have what I call the “Columbo Syndrome.” Have you ever seen that old detective show? Columbo will question a witness or suspect and then start walking away. He turns and comes back to ask one more question, usually the really hard-hitting question. I do this whenever I’m trying to get out of the house for work or to meet family or friends. I’ll be totally ready to go and suddenly decide, maybe I need to reorganize the plates in the cupboard, clean out the refrigerator, or some non-urgent task like that. Because of the “Columbo Syndrome” all the clocks in my house are set a half hour ahead of time and I pretend that it’s the real time. It drives my son and visitors nuts! They keep asking me, "But, what's the REAL time?" And they always get the same answer, just add a half hour to the clock time.

I was going to use Fizzy's one about needing the closet door shut in the bedroom in order to sleep. But I’ve used up the six numbers and still have plenty of weird things left! None are earthshaking or things you haven't heard before. I think I've pretty much revealed most of my weird things somewhere and sometime on the blog. How about you, have you revealed all or most of your weird things?

(I’m supposed to tag people but are there any volunteers?)

It's Friday, have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

OMG..@ 6....hilarious! I agree with the barefoot..i am always barefoot, except at work of course.

5:54 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Those are great! I do the same thing with my alarms. Its a nice little way to trick yourself.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

What a good list and I am glad that we have a few things in common.... it makes me/us less wierd.
I also have the Columbo syndrome
I hope that nest time you visit you are able to comment I always look forward to your comments.
havea good weekend

5:48 PM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

Half an hour??!! Mine is only 5 minutes earlier!!!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home