Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bring me back those sweet little romances

Oh how I love doing these things!

Your Five Factor Personality Profile

Extroversion:

You have low extroversion.
You are quiet and reserved in most social situations.
A low key, laid back lifestyle is important to you.
You tend to bond slowly, over time, with one or two people.

Conscientiousness:

You have medium conscientiousness.
You're generally good at balancing work and play.
When you need to buckle down, you can usually get tasks done.
But you've been known to goof off when you know you can get away with it.

Agreeableness:

You have medium agreeableness.
You're generally a friendly and trusting person.
But you also have a healthy dose of cynicism.
You get along well with others, as long as they play fair.

Neuroticism:

You have low neuroticism.
You are very emotionally stable and mentally together.
Only the greatest setbacks upset you, and you bounce back quickly.
Overall, you are typically calm and relaxed - making others feel secure.

Openness to experience:

Your openness to new experiences is high.
In life, you tend to be an early adopter of all new things and ideas.
You'll try almost anything interesting, and you're constantly pushing your own limits.
A great connoisseir of art and beauty, you can find the positive side of almost anything.


And back on the movie topic: I saw the movie "Rent" on Tuesday night. Well, really it's more of a musical. I love LOVE the music in it! Now I want to own it and will probably, after the next pay day, start to haunt the pawn shop where son and friends buy their movies to try to find it. I'd heard about this movie for years and when I saw it at the library on Monday night, scooped it and three others up. Monday night was a nasty, slippery night but I had both movies and books due at the library because the library had been closed for four days.

The library movie I saw last night was "The Libertine". Maybe I'm just being a prude about it but this movie was a bit much for me. The "c" word was sprinkled throughout. Despite the best efforts of "The Vagina Monologues" I really don't like that word. The movie is set in "decadent 17th century London" and the movie jacket isn't kidding about the decadent part. Johnny Depp and John Malkovich star, and I really like the both of them and they did an understanding acting job, especially Depp (as always!) But this movie was so unlike the pretty little romantic novels I've read about that period that I just can't like it and never want to see it again. I thought I appreciated gritty and real but not in this case, bring me back those sweet little romances!

Well, hope your day is sweet, as opposed to gritty and real!

7 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

I am not big on musicals but know Rent and heard great things about it,
I tend to buy the movies I like which is evedent by the 2 bookcases that i have filled with them.

Some words are harsh and it doesn't make you a prude.
I know the word you are refering too and I have always believed that words are harmless, it's how they are used that matters.

Have a nice day.

10:59 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

You've got to take the bad with the good. It is probably more like reality anyway...tho I haven't seen it.

3:34 AM  
Blogger Frederick said...

May I recommend some Voltaire.

3:39 AM  
Blogger dan said...

i don't need that to know i ama loser!

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen the libertine too & I am with you on your dislike of the c word. I hate it!

10:56 AM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Seasons of Love: I can NEVER remember how many nights and minutes and hours and always find myself singing about random number combos.

I really need to learn that song.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Rent is wonderful! I want the soundtrack!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home