Saturday, August 19, 2006

Wahoo!

Oh, I'm so excited, terrified and hopeful! Pardon me while I catch my breath for a moment, but I got another interview! And it's with the Canadian engineering company, the one that I want! Oh, now I'm really nervous. They will be much more sophisicated interviewers too, than the small non-profit where I just interviewed. I got a good clue from their phone call.

The HR person called me at 6:30 p.m. on Friday night as I was getting ready to go out. She was very chatty and pleasant but had the tricky way of leaving blanks. You know, she'd be talking and stop--to let me fill in the empty air space. Very sneaky, and even though I was aware of what she was doing, I still felt compelled to fill in the gap a couple of times. I didn't say anything that I regret though, thank goodness!

Anyway, I have to stop by their old office and pick up some papers on Monday night. On Thursday afternoon I bring the completed papers to their new office. Sounds like a test to me, also they get to see and interact with me twice, once before the actual interview. So I have to make sure that I'm still very presentable after a long and busy day at work on Monday! This is going to be a challenging interview, I can just tell.

So now, as a bundle of nerves, I'm going out suit-hunting. The pale seafoam classic-cut suit I wore looked very nice for a non-profit but these guys probably will expect a more traditional colored suit. I'm thinking navy or black, my favorite work colors anyway. I have a pin-striped black suit but the fit isn't classic enough, it's too racy (short skirt, low cut). I have a plain black suit that would do and I like it, good if I can't find anything else. Also I have a navy suit with a long skirt that I really like and wear a lot but it's leaning towards casual because it's knit. I have a classic-cut butter yellow suit, a classic lime green suit, a classic rust/beige paisley suit, a classic-cut white suit, a striped pale blue suit, an embroidered red suit and--well, lots of suits that I wear for events at work. I try to be more visible and colorful at events since I take registration and answer questions. None but the plain black suit is suit-able for this interview, however.

And then there's the whole shoe issue, but I need to get the suit question settled first. Yes, I have a lot of clothes, but from all the moving I'm down to a mere three closets now! But I still don't have anything to wear (to this interview)!

Off to shop, have a great weekend!

9 Comments:

Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

That's really good news. Hope you get the job.
Only 3 closets of clothes. Is that all, tee,hee..

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knock them dead.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL @ 3 closets! Best wishes for the interview :o)

12:48 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Goodluck! Sending positive wishes :)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Good luck with the interview!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

ooh i hope you found something nice, i always opt for black, its classic and goes with everything, fingers are crossed again...

*hugs*

2:27 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Good news and good luck.

2:33 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Oh, awesome!

Knock 'em dead, girl!!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Good luck. Hopefully they won't try to play too many head games with you.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home