Friday, August 11, 2006

Feeling like Monday--but it's Friday!

The boss and co-workers will be back at work today so it will seem like a Monday. So the peaceful lull of doing things I shouldn't be doing (like figuring out salaries!) is over. It will be chaotic and super-busy. Most of my work comes from BZ, with favorite co-worker a close second. Much of their stuff needs to be done ASAP, too, which adds to the chaos. Oh well, I did four or five travel arrangements for BZ so she will be popping in and out a lot for the next few weeks. Other staff are traveling too, so the lull will come again.

I did get a reject letter from the place where I interviewed, sniff. It made me feel a bit bad that they didn't want me even though I'd told them (nicely) that I needed better pay. Yes, that's illogical, I know, feelings sometimes are. I basically wanted them to select me so I could reject them!

Thanks for all of the great career advice. You bloggers are such wise people! If any other tidbits come to mind, please let me know. I'm doing a lot of thinking about career and future.

It's funny (or manybe not) but you guys probably know me a whole lot better, in some ways, than the people in my real life! I don't tell them many of the things I write in my posts, or I modify problems somewhat so the recipient doesn't get all worried about me! People in real life (at least in mine) tend to want to fix things right away or make me feel better by saying things like, "You're experienced and skilled, you'll find another good-paying job." which may be a nice thing to say but it's not helpful. I know that--it's the what sort of job that's the tough part! Or even worse, "You can do anything you want to do." Uh huh, maybe if I could figure out exactly what that is!

But don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking civility and being nice to each other. There's not enough of it in the real world. It's just that it isn't that helpful when one is asking advice.

And people in real life seldom use humor when asked a question like that either. Perhaps they're afraid of offending or trivializing the issue. But humor is VERY helpful in looking at a situation clearly. I think I'm going for a career in World Domination. Do they have a master's in that?

Happy happy Friday to you! And have a great weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"so the lull will come again."

I LOVE those lulls!

Eh, don't sweat the rejection letter...something better will come along anyways!

And can I still be Peanut Queen if you get that world domination position? ;)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Sorry about the rejection by the people who had the job you didn't want anyways,tee,hee..
I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. I got over it eventually..well I will get over it eventually..I think I will anyways..

8:22 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

As long as you're doing the travel arrangements, couldn't you "accidentally" send BZ to someplace like Iraq where she might get accidentally killed?

1:05 PM  
Blogger katie said...

I hate rejection letters, but on the plus side, you didn't want the job. Maybe the next job you interview for that you don't want, you should send THEM a rejection letter.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I'm a great believer in self-help, or at least self-knowledge. I would do something like the exercises in What Colour is Your Parachute?---it can be pretty surprising to find where your passion is, and to figure out if your skills are there too.

11:04 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

It just wasn't meant to be.

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home