Saturday, August 12, 2006

Not in the pink

Four days last week I wore summery clothing to work, like skirts, in summery colors. One day I wore yellow, the next day light green, and on another day I actually wore a long PINK skirt and my southwestern-style (pink, lt blue, navy) blouse. The pink outfit got compliments, and I think the yellow did too. I'm not a pastel or summery-color person. I like dark, drapey clothes. It felt quite weird and a bit surreal to be dressed up in "costume" for work! On Friday I wore navy blue, one of my very favorite colors (black is the other one) to work and felt like me again.

But I don't like dark furnishings, in fact I have a lot of red in my bedroom, yellow in the kitchen and blue in the living room--just dark clothing. I read somewhere that people wear dark clothing as a disguise, but the brightly color clothing felt more like a disguise to me! Isn't it rather odd that I like primary colors for decoration, though?

So, along with thinking about career moves and the Seven Deadly Sins, I've been thinking about other people's color choices. What's your preference on clothing colors? Is it different than your preference in decor?

3 Comments:

Blogger sumo said...

In decor I prefer earth tones and neutrals...for clothing more earth tones. I'm not colorful at all.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I have to dress dark for work, but my house is full of marine type colours :o)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Now that I'm retired, costumes are even more important---what would my day be like if I didn't choose which persona I was going to be today? There probably isn't a colour I won't wear, if the clothing is to my liking, although light blue in anything but denim doesn't appeal to me

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home