Thursday, August 17, 2006

Ushering in the music

Work goes well, but we're still so busy. One clerical person for an office of ten work-generating people isn't enough. Even with help it's still pretty busy. BZ alone can generate a half-day to a day's work--per day she's in the office, let alone all the other people.

A new development at home: remind me to tell you "all about" my new furniture!!! Yesterday I got up an hour late for work. I've been getting from two to four hours of sleep per night and one of the hours was past the time I should have been getting up! The morning was a blur and a big hurry. One of my regular morning routines had to be dropped. Which do you think it was? The choices are:

-Showering
-Blogging
-Exercising

Bet you guessed right! I actually made it into work on time yesterday (barely) too. Last night I went to bed very early (9:00)to catch up with sleep--but only slept until 3:00 a.m. That's still only six hours of sleep. I can deal with six, but not when having only two to four hours per night for the past week or so!

Tonight right after work I have a university workshop thingy on getting a master's degree. Then at 6:45 I'll be an usher at a concert staging of Mozart's "Cosi Fan Tutte" so that should be fun. I've never been at that music hall, so hope I'm not assigned to show people to their seats! The usher job requires that we wear only black and white, so just in case I don't get to get back home to change--which looks likely--I'm ready to usher. It's really no problem since I generally wear either navy or black to work anyway. Have a great day!

9 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I've not been getting my allotment lately either, and I have a headache to prove it. Pah!

8:38 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Catching up on sleep is always a bit hard. Maybe you will have some time to do it this weekend? Can't wait to hear about the new furniture!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I know what you are talking about. The 2 weeks in Sturgis did me in. I just can't seem to get enough sleep and unfortunately work and chores are making me get up!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm hopeless without enough sleep and turn into the stompy b*tch from hell. No..really...ask my kids lol

I hope you get the chance to get a decent kip soon, but by all accounts, you're so very busy it could be a long way off. I think you may need to take vitamins and adjust to having almost no sleep at all!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

Can't you just blog in the shower while running in place?

2:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PBS: If I were sitting on the end of the aisle row and you stood by me with a black bow-tie, I'd order a Gin & Tonic! lol!!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Don't you hate it when work and chores eat into our sleep time!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

oooh blogging or exercise, i know which i prefer...lol

hope you enjoy the concert, and thanks for the birthday wishes

*hugs*

2:25 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

You'll love the Mozart!

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home