Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'm a BOSS, sort of

I loved your Deadly Sins stories! I wonder if there is a blog out there devoted to it (them)?

I suppose all seven Deadly Sins boil down to selfishness. In real life most people would call me a really nice person (I think!) and I don't like to hurt or kill anything, even bugs. But the motivation for stopping my Road Wrath wasn't because of anything like that--I was afraid I might get hurt, or get in trouble with the police. Do you see anything in that about other people and being concerned about their safety and welfare--nope. Even in quitting the sin, pure selfishness was the only factor. I find this all very interesting, as the dark side of people is often more intriquing than the revealed side. Maybe that's one of the reasons blogging is so fascinating, is that it shows more of the dark side than we'd see in an ordinary face-to-face encounter. But enough of that for now.

The good news is--I'm a BOSS, of sorts! They hired on a temp worker, without consulting me, so it was sudden. All at once I had an assistant. It was great but I hadn't planned or organized my work to hand parts of it off to another person. But since I have more than enough work to share, all went well yesterday, her first day.

My temp assistant is a 20-year-old woman from Arkansas. She calls me "Ma'am" which I sort of like(!) but it also feels weird. I found several large projects to give her and she got right down to it, so seems like a hard worker. Of course most people wouldn't slack off on their first day of work! It was great to feel less pressured at work. Have a great day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I guess that it's good when selfishness coincides with the needs of others. I think that's what culture and civilization are all about.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

It's cool that they got you some help. And that the person actually is helping..

10:27 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yaaaaay, i am so glad you got some well deserved assistance :o)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

yay your own assistant, things are looking up at last...glad shes making a difference to your work load...

*hugs*

2:45 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Good for YOU! Maybe she'll be interesting to talk about on the blog. And I mean that in a good way...

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home