Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tracking down the interview spot

The strategic planning day was long. They had lots of coffee, at first anyway, and sadly, lots of mirrors too. In fact I faced a mirror while eating lunch! I ended up having to put the meals (about a dozen) on my corporate card so was late back to the session. They had started without me. Maybe I'm being over-sensitive here but that just seemed rather rude to not be able to wait a couple of minutes for me to take care of their meals! Oh well. It went overtime so maybe that was why, too much to cram into one day.

I've been too busy to fill out the application and papers for my interview TOMORROW. I had to return some books (unread) to the library last night and on the way back home I tried to find the second office, where the interview will be held. Good thing I did that, as it was not where I thought it would be. They had given me no actual address, which would have made it far easier, but had told me over the phone that it was "behind the old police station".

So I was thinking the same building where my favorite, but haven't been there for months, coffee shop is located, as that is an old police station building. But no, the new office wasn't there. Then I was thinking, maybe it's at the City Center where the NEW police station is located. I drove around looking, and sure enough there was a building, complete with an address (so why didn't they give me that address--I still think it's a test!) behind the NEW police station, where I'd gone for the police academy. Well, I'd gone to the new police building, not to where the office was located, it was quite hidden in a residential area that looked to have only houses in it, not an office building. Tricky!

So I parked in the lot and went into the building to see where their suite is located. It's on the second floor. Good to know all of this before I have to rush over there from work tomorrow! Then I went to the parking lot to get into the jeep to go home, and....the driver's door wouldn't open. I had closed the seatbelt on it and it was stuck. I had to crawl in through the passenger door, over that little hump in the middle and my cup holder and all the CD player wires!

At home I still couldn't get the door open, so had to crawl back over to get out. Luckily my son was still home and he helped me get the door open. Only after all of that could I do the normal evening things like cook and eat dinner and water the garden. One more day until the interview. Have a great day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Not telling you where the place is is pretty weird.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Behind the old police station - if it was behind the current one, you could always get arrested in order to find the location.

I hope these people aren't deliberately testing you. On the other hand, if they're not then they're fairly incompetent.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I agree with AC and Grant. But good luck anyway! I hope things go well for you.

Oh, and I hope your hair looks better. LOL!

8:53 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Holding my breath for you...

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home