Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Strategic planning and I hate my hair!

I hate my hair now. After three washings I'm longing for the longer, thicker hair I used to have before I trusted the salon! I had so much hair compared to the paltrey little scraps that I have now. Sure it's easy to wash, style and go--but I don't care about the ease when it's not flattering! Why do they always want to cut my hair around my face--it looks better at least past my jaw. I like my face, as I mentioned before, but have never been accused of being a beauty queen. With this hairstyle I'm plainer than ever, and yes, I look older too--not a look I'm going for! Boo and boo hoo.

Well, not much I can do about it now but enjoy the wash and wear, I guess, and feel distinctly UN-pretty. Today we have strategic planning all day at work. Actually we won't be at work but in a hotel conference room. I hope they have lots of coffee. Lots of coffee and NO mirrors! Have a good day!

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I ALWAYS ALWAYS hate a haircut when I first get it. ALWAYS.

They cut it too short (for my tastes) and then I have to wait for it to grow back!

That's why I only get my hair cut maybe twice a year!

It'll grow back soon...didn't you once say that your hair grows pretty fast?

6:56 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I always compensate for a bad haircut with loads of mascara! You'd be surprised how much prettier mascara makes you feel!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I'm sure it looks better than you think. I really think we (women that is) are our worst critics. Just try to enjoy the wash and wear and know that "this too shall pass" and your hair will grow back.

10:03 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Sorry about your hair, that is why I am afraid to go to salons.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Maybe you should invest in a few wigs - different color for each day of the week.

12:36 PM  
Blogger katie said...

I'm with stacy, after a bit of time it will either grow on you, or grow out!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I wonder if you could add some highlights or a bit of colour, it may give you a lift. I like the idea of mascara too!

3:47 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Oh, sorry to hear about the hair cut. Those never seem to go well. That is why I only do it a few times a year :)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Just catching up again. Oh, the hair thing! we are so influenced by how our hair looks and feels. I tell people: it's only hair, it;ll grow, but sometimes the wait is interminable, and then I get it cut agian and the cycle's in place.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

They always seem to think they know what you want and you dont.
I went for a trim and ended up with something else. I am married to my baseball cap for a couple of months
and you tip them after and how insulting is that

1:20 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i always hate my hair when they first cut it too, from what you've described it sounds like it would suit you, i'm sure its not as bad as you think...

:0)

2:36 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Don't you hate it when people tell you it will grow back? But it will...

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home