Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's Today!

OK, I could put that title every day but I mean the interview is today, finally. It both seemed so long and came up so fast. I filled out the application papers last night. Typed would have been better but I don't even have a printer let alone a typewriter so it will have to do. Then I researched the company online. I'm glad that I did, it's an exciting and interesting company that's growing fast.

Yesterday I had a call from an ex-co-worker who was asking me to be a reference for her. I asked her to be a reference to me, too. So we are cross-referencing, ha ha! We had one of those "coded" conversations, because I sit right in front now and people are walking back and forth and sometimes standing right in front of my desk. No privacy anymore.

The funny thing is, after we hung up the thought occurred to me, I wonder if she's applying to the same job? We live in the same city and are in the same job field, there aren't that many jobs over here, so it's likely. I wonder what they will think if they realize that we both referenced each other for the job? Whoever does the reference phone calling will notice it. I will always say good things about her--which is the truth, no matter if she's a competitor for this job I really want.

I haven't even asked BZ for the time off yet--and it's today! I wanted to avoid any possible questions, as I don't want to lie but certainly cannot tell her the truth. I mentioned it to the temp and right away she asked, "To a doctor's appointment?" I had to not reply and change the subject! It's an "appointment" and I have to leave it at that. The only trouble is that I have to come home and get dressed, go to the interview, go back home and change again before going back to work. Even at the quickest, that's going to be a long appointment! Well, wish me luck--I think most of you already have done that... Have a great Thursday!

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Best Wishes PBS, crossing fingers and toes ;o)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hope it all works out for you.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Good luck on the interview..

8:33 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Sending good vibes your way...Good Luck!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Triple goodluck to u!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I do wish you well, and hope that you escape Bosszilla, but only for something you want...

7:07 PM  
Blogger angela marie said...

I hope the interview went really well and your friend is NOT up for the same job! :)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Got my fingers crossed
I tried crossing my legs but kept falling down.
Good luck on the interview.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i'd have called in sick and taken the whole day off, then after the interview gone shopping...lol

hope it went well *fingers crossed*

*hugs*

2:48 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Can't wait to hear what happens!!!

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home