Saturday, July 01, 2006

Breathe, breathe

I'm SO stressed out about the (lack of) moving plans that I swear my heart is pounding! I'm really between a rock and a hard place and to make it worse, nobody else seems at all stressed or even concerned about it! I just opened an E-mail from the V-Man. I had called and E-mailed him to find out when he was coming into town today as promised to clear the storage shed, get the fence and rummage sale stuff I bought last week. Well he apologized for being so slow to get back to me (it's been days). Apparently he has a lot of work to do on the farm this weekend and can't make it! Oooooh! I'm really trying not to get mad here. Now I have to call up these people and make other arrangements. I may be being selfish here, but he has no animals on the farm that would absolutely positively need care right this very moment, today!

Yes, I realize that it's sort of a favor to me but he agreed to it over a week ago, I was counting on him and it's not like it a free favor for me, I'm paying him. Gosh I'm ticked now, but if I want his (paid) help later, I'd better not push too hard. Son works today, so he's out of the picture too, but at least I already knew that and wasn't counting on him.

Oh, and speaking of son: he casually informed me yesterday that he is working on July 5th, our moving date! Yikes! That is the moving date we had set up when I first signed the purchase agreement. He's known about our moving date and even if he was scheduled to work that day, he could have traded with someone. But he says he can't now, it's too late. So I had to call up BZ at work yesterday in the midst of my closing commotion (I'll tell about that some other time) and negociate for July 6th off too.

I certainly hope that date works out for moving, something has to! For someone who just bought a house that she loves, I'm in a really pissy, ugly mood! I feel like the stress and burden is entirely on me, that nobody else except the landlord, of course, really seems to care when or if we finally move to the new house. OK, I think I'm going to pack more boxes before I explode! Later I'll need to call the fence people and the rummage sale people and let them know that we're not coming to get the stuff today. Hope your day is much much better and thanks for listening!

6 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

Why is it that when there is something important on the horizon evberything looks like it is falling apart.
Its probably because we are all so anxious to get it over with and looks worse than it actually is.
I am sure you will get everything straightened out and you will me in your new home with all of this behind you.
Good Luck :)

12:21 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Hey!...your computer made it! Take it easy and do your best to relax...it will work out for you. You are too organized for this to fall through the cracks at this stage. Maybe V-Man will come through at the last minute.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh that sounds bad! It seems like there's bad mojo EVERYWHERE lately!

I sure hope it all works out for you!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh what a bummer! Crossing fingers eyes and toes for you....sending good vibes across the ponds :o)

8:08 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

that sounded healthy....

10:13 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I so feel what you are going through, it wasn't the buying the house bit that stressed us out, it was the whole moving thing.

We were more worried about who was going to help us once we got the truck here, thankfully a nice neighbor and his friend helped.

It will work out, somehow, take some more deep breaths, try to relax.

Things have a tendency to come together.

*HUGS*

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home